Requirements for bachelor's in finance
Those pursuing bachelor's degrees must complete Wayne State University's general education program, as well as courses to fulfill Mike Ilitch School of Business general education, foundation and core requirements.
In addition to the above requirements, finance majors must complete the following courses:
- FIN 4990 Directed Study in Finance
- FIN 5090 Capital Markets
- FIN 5220 Portfolio Management (student managed investment fund)
- FIN 5280 The Entrepreneurs' Ecosystem
- FIN 5320 Principles of International Business Finance
- FIN 5330 Bank Management
- FIN 5340 Valuation
- FIN 5890 Internship in Finance
- FIN 6997 Derivative Securities and Portfolio Management
Each course is three credit hours. Students are responsible for observing all prerequisites and limitations, and must have a minimum 2.50 GPA to enroll in 3000 level or higher Ilitch School core and major courses.
You can choose to earn either a B.A. or B.S. in any Mike Ilitch School of Business major. The only difference is that the B.A. has a foreign language requirement; the B.S. does not.