The Mike Ilitch School of Business Frederick Hessler Student Success Center is available to help navigate undergraduate students on their road to success. Locations, hours and contact information are below.
Our advisors offer a variety of services to students, including setting goals, developing four-year plans, creating personalized academic plans, processing registration and override requests, and handling hold releases.
Admission policies and procedures
- Discuss admission procedures for undergraduate programs
- Process academic plans for admitted undergraduate students
- Meet with current students throughout their academic careers
- Meet with prospective students to analyze and explain transfer credits
Advising in the Ilitch School
- Advise prospective and current students interested in majoring or minoring in the Ilitch School
- Explain and interpret Ilitch School and university policies and procedures
- Assist students with the Student Academic Progress appeal process through financial aid
To make an appointment
- Appointments are held by phone, email or virtually since there are no face-to-face appointments scheduled until further notice
- Current Ilitch School students may schedule appointments online. Once you make an appointment, your advisor will let you know the platform they are using. You can also schedule an appointment by calling 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510.
- Prospective Ilitch School students please call 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510.
Walk-in virtual advising
- Walk-in hours will be 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Tuesdays only
- Zoom meeting URL
- Meeting ID: 954 8515 1426
- Passcode: 648453
- Assist in processing registration requests
- Handle Ilitch School hold releases
- Process override requests
Advising appointments are required, but walk-in advising is available on Tuesdays in our new building in the District Detroit for quick questions, signatures, etc.
The best place to meet your advisor is in our new building, located at 2771 Woodward Ave. in The District Detroit. Advising is also available at our satellite campuses. Current students may use the STARS system to schedule an appointment. Prospective or newly admitted students should call 313-577-4505 to make an advising appointment.
Phone: 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510
Toll-free: 800-910-EARN (3276)
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails by major
- Accounting: email@example.com
- Entrepreneurship: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance: email@example.com
- Global supply chain management: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information systems management: email@example.com
- Management: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing: email@example.com
Locations and hours
Due to COVID-19 concerns, no in-person advising is being conducted at any of our locations until further notice.
Mike Ilitch School of Business
Frederick Hessler Student Success Center
2771 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (appointments)
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
During peak registration time (one week before classes start until two weeks after classes start) the office is open (walk-ins) until 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and until 4 p.m. on Friday.
Advanced Technology Education Center (ATEC)
14601 East 12 Mile Road
Warren, MI 48088
First Thursday of the month
Jeffress Center at Schoolcraft College
39201 W Seven Mile Rd.
Livonia, MI 48152
Most Thursdays (contact the office to confirm)
Meet our team
Assistant Dean of Student Services
Accounting (ACC) and Finance (FIN) advisors
Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EI) advisors
Global Supply Chain Management (GSC) advisors
Information Systems Management (ISM) advisors
Management (MGT) and Marketing (MKT) advisors