The Mike Ilitch School of Business Frederick Hessler Student Success Center is available to help current and prospective undergraduate students navigate their road to success. We are located in suite 101 at 2771 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201. Map.
Our advisors offer a variety of services to students, including setting goals, developing four-year plans, creating personalized academic plans, processing registration and override requests, and handling hold releases. Additionally, advisors are available to:
- Discuss admission procedures for undergraduate programs
- Process academic plans for admitted undergraduate students
- Meet with current students throughout their academic careers
- Meet with prospective students to analyze and explain transfer credits
- Advise prospective and current students interested in majoring or minoring in the Ilitch School
- Explain and interpret Ilitch School and university policies and procedures
- Assist students with the Student Academic Progress appeal process through financial aid
Hours and locations
Mike Ilitch School of Business
2771 Woodward Ave., Suite 101
Detroit, MI 48201
- Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Jeffress Center at Schoolcraft College
39201 W Seven Mile Rd., 3rd Floor
Livonia, MI 48152
Current and prospective students can make an appointment to meet with an advisor at our Schoolcraft location by calling 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510 and our front office staff will assist you.
- 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on the following dates (winter 2023):
- Jan. 26
- Feb. 2, 9, 16, 23
- Mar. 2, 9, 23
- Apr. 6, 13, 20, 27
Prospective Ilitch School students may set up an appointment to meet either in person (at the Ilitch School) or virtually (via Microsoft Teams) by creating an account in STARS.
Current Wayne State students may meet with an advisor virtually or in person. You can schedule your appointment online or by calling our office at 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510.
Students can meet with the first available advisor for a 10-minute drop-in appointment every Tuesday. These meetings are designed to answer quick questions or to address immediate needs a student may have. For planning future semesters, students should make an appointment.
- Tuesdays only: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (must be signed in by 5:30 p.m.)
In-person drop-in advising:
- Suite 101, Mike Ilitch School of Business
- OneCard required for entry
Zoom drop-in advising:
- Zoom meeting URL
- Meeting ID: 954 8515 1426
- Passcode: 648453
Phone: 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510
Toll-free: 800-910-EARN (3276)
General email: email@example.com
Emails by major
- Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrepreneurship: email@example.com
- Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global supply chain management: email@example.com
- Information systems management: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Management: email@example.com
- Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our team
Assistant Dean of Student Services
Accounting (ACC), Finance (FIN), and Information Systems Management (ISM) advisors
Global Supply Chain Management (GSC), Management (MGT), and Marketing (MKT) advisors