Our advisors are available to help current and prospective undergraduate students navigate their road to success.
Appointments are available online or in person at the WSU Mike Ilitch School of Business in Detroit at 2771 Woodward Ave., Suite 101 or at the Jeffress Center at Schoolcraft College located at 39201 W. Seven Mile Rd., 3rd floor in Livonia.
Prospective business students, please create an account in STARS and then schedule your appointment online or call our office at 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510 for assistance.
Current Wayne State students may meet with an advisor virtually or in person. You can schedule your appointment online or by calling our office at 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510 for assistance.
Students can meet with the first available advisor for a 10-minute drop-in appointment, in person or virtual, every Tuesday. These meetings are designed to answer quick questions or to address immediate needs a student may have. For planning future semesters, students should make an appointment.
- Tuesdays only: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (must be signed in by 4:30 p.m.)
In-person drop-in advising
- Suite 101, Mike Ilitch School of Business
- OneCard required for entry
Zoom drop-in advising
- Zoom meeting URL
- Meeting ID: 954 8741 6102
- Passcode: 810474
Schoolcraft advising location
Current and prospective students can make an appointment to meet with an advisor at our Schoolcraft location by calling 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510 and our front office staff will assist you.
- 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on the following dates (spring/summer 2023):
- May 4, 11, 18, 25
- June 15, 22, 29
- July 6, 13, 20, 27
- August 3, 10, 17
Phone: 313-577-4505 or 313-577-4510
Toll-free: 800-910-EARN (3276)
General email: email@example.com
Emails by major
- Accounting (ACC): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EI): email@example.com
- Finance (FIN): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global supply chain management (GSC): email@example.com
- Information systems management: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Management (MGT): email@example.com
- Marketing (MKT): firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our team
Our advisors offer a variety of services to students, including setting goals, developing four-year plans, creating personalized academic plans, processing registration and override requests, and handling hold releases. Additionally, advisors are available to:
- Discuss admission procedures for undergraduate programs
- Process academic plans for admitted undergraduate students
- Meet with current students throughout their academic careers
- Meet with prospective students to analyze and explain transfer credits
- Advise prospective and current students interested in majoring or minoring in the Ilitch School
- Explain and interpret Ilitch School and university policies and procedures
- Assist students with the Student Academic Progress appeal process through financial aid
Assistant Dean of Student Services
Advisors by major
Accounting, Finance and Information Systems Management
Information Systems Management: email@example.com
Global Supply Chain Management, Management and Marketing
Global supply chain management: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs and Minors
Entrepreneurship and Innovation: email@example.com
Business minor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Law minor: email@example.com
International and Study Abroad: Ilitchfirstname.lastname@example.org
Hours and locations
Mike Ilitch School of Business
2771 Woodward Ave., Suite 101
Detroit, MI 48201 | Map
- Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Jeffress Center at Schoolcraft College
39201 W Seven Mile Rd., 3rd Floor
Livonia, MI 48152