Apply now to be matched with a corporate mentor
Would you like to meet with a business professional in your dream job? How about pick their brain and learn the secrets to their success? Here's your chance! The WSU Mike Ilitch School of Business Corporate Mentor Program is now accepting applications for the fall program, which runs late August 2017 through April 2018. Limited openings are also available for students graduating in December 2017.
If you are selected, you will be custom matched with a professional mentor in your desired career path or industry. You'll get to build a relationship with your mentor by meeting every month during the academic year, visiting your mentor at their office, getting one-on-one help and support with important career decisions, and most importantly, getting a taste of a "day in the life" of your future career.
Please note: Filling out the application does not commit you to participating in the program. After you submit your application, if you are eligible, one of our program directors will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Work closely with mentorship program staff to select a mentor that best meets your and personal and professional goals.
- Regular career development and networking opportunities, as well as guidance from your mentor and program staff on how to best prepare for success.
- Opportunity to develop a long-term relationship with your mentor because the program structure supports students during an entire academic year. You can visit your mentor at their office, attend professional industry events with your mentor, and participate in service opportunities together.
- Regular and consistent interaction with your mentor while still being able to retain current job/internship and other personal responsibilities.
- Attend three required events: a program orientation (this summer), a program breakfast event (late August before classes start) and a program closing event (April 2018)
- Meet with your mentor in person every month, August through April
- Attend three professional development events that you choose
- Maintain regular contact with your mentor and the program directors
For more information, call 313-577-0326 or email email@example.com.