Apply by Aug. 3 to be a Student Ambassador for the Mike Ilitch School of Business
Represent the Mike Ilitch School of Business as an inaugural Student Ambassador! We are looking for 15 positive, enthusiastic students to serve at events at our new home in the District Detroit and around the city. Ambassadors earn scholarship money and have prime opportunities to network with business leaders, university administrators, faculty, donors, alumni and more. Applications are being accepted now through Aug. 3, 2018.
Through this new program, Student Ambassadors will represent the Ilitch School in a variety of volunteer capacities at internal and external events throughout the academic year. The program serves to enrich and enhance leadership and communication skills, personal growth and professional development for students, while creating strong, long-lasting ties with the school and the Detroit business community.
- Each Student Ambassador will be given a Mike Ilitch School of Business polo shirt and magnetic name badge
- Ambassadors will earn a $250 scholarship from the Mike Ilitch School of Business for each successful semester of service
- Meet, interact and network with university and school alumni, donors, administrators, faculty and staff, as well as community and business leaders and elected officials
- Learn important interpersonal skills while gaining professional experiences
- Gain valuable information about WSU and the school
- Opportunities to represent the school at events throughout Metro Detroit
- Earn community service hours and experience for resume building
The Student Ambassador Program is open to all undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in the Mike Ilitch School of Business on a full or part-time basis. Interested applicants are required to complete an online application form (including a short essay) and upload a current resume. Top applicants will be selected and interviewed by a panel of Ilitch School staff members. As diversity is a hallmark and strength of WSU and the Ilitch School, students from all backgrounds and academic disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Membership criteria and responsibilities
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in the Mike Ilitch School of Business
- 3.0 minimum GPA for undergraduate students; 3.3 minimum GPA for graduate students
- 12 or more credit hours earned at Wayne State for undergrads; 6 or more for grad students
- A sincere desire to represent Wayne State and the Mike Ilitch School of Business
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and positive personality
- Ability to work well with others and to be a successful team player
- Ability to discuss relevant information about WSU and the Ilitch School and be familiar with details about their own academic program and major
- Ability to attend training sessions
- Ambassadors must be willing to commit to the program and volunteer a minimum of 10 hours each semester
Apply by Friday, Aug. 3, 2018, for the opportunity to serve as a Mike Ilitch School of Business Student Ambassador during the 2018-19 academic year.