The M.B.A. program at Wayne State University's Mike Ilitch School of Business gives you the opportunity to advance your career on your terms. Whether you enroll in the traditional M.B.A. or online M.B.A. modality, you will learn from outstanding faculty who bring a unique combination of research expertise and boardroom knowledge to the classroom.
Join a respected, accredited program that offers 13 optional concentrations to develop further expertise in an area of your choosing for a highly customized M.B.A. program.
Why a Wayne State M.B.A.?
A Master of Business Administration degree from Wayne State University does more than provide an academic foundation for success, it helps open doors. Our graduates join a strong network of more than 39,000 successful alumni across Metro Detroit and beyond. Whether you're aiming to land that first job or make your way to the executive suite, there's likely a Wayne State alum nearby, ready to help.
The M.B.A. program at the Mike Ilitch School of Business offers:
- A choice of two modalities: Traditional with both in-person and on-line courses or completely on-line courses.
- AACSB-accredited programs with flexible full-time and part-time options in the heart of downtown Detroit and online
- 13 concentrations to align your M.B.A. with your career goals
- GMAT waiver for qualified applicants
- Graduate Programs Office dedicated to serving M.B.A. students from application through graduation
- Full-service Career Planning and Placement Office that exclusively serves students and alumni of the Mike Ilitch School of Business
- Accelerated course options to decrease time to graduation
- Financial aid and scholarships, some solely for business students
The traditional M.B.A. is our most conventional option, with courses offered at Wayne State's main campus in Detroit and online, so students can choose the learning method that works best for them. Students admitted to the traditional M.B.A. program are not eligible to switch to the online M.B.A. program.
Many courses in the fall and winter terms are offered on an accelerated 4-week/11-week delivery system that allows students to take more courses per semester and decrease time to graduation. Some courses can be completed in as little as one week. Evening and occasional Saturday courses offer added flexibility and convenience.
A variety of online courses, including foundations, cores, and electives, are offered each semester. Online courses have a narrow window on when exams are taken and completed. It is essential that students completing online courses consult and review their course syllabus for when these exams are to be taken/completed. Students interested in completing the majority of their M.B.A. courses online should consult with an advisor to determine which classes they should take and at what time.
The online M.B.A. is our newest program modality. The online M.B.A. requirements are very similar to the traditional M.B.A. requirements, however, students must take all courses online. Online courses are completed through Canvas.
Study abroad programs organized by the Ilitch School are offered in Italy and Central Europe. These opportunities are led by faculty and involve visits with the foreign operations of Detroit-area companies and various cultural sites. Please check with your academic advisor for guidance before pursuing the study abroad option.
Graduate Programs Office
Mike Ilitch School of Business
2771 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48201
- Ilitch School once again ranked among U.S. News and World Report’s Best Part-Time M.B.A. Programs
- Ilitch School selects GM’s Christina Winkler Meredith as 2022 Emerging Leader
- Two-time Ilitch School alumna named ISM 30 Under 30
- Ilitch School named a Best Business School by The Princeton Review
- Driven to excel: Ilitch Business alumna Kianna Mateen takes expertise to Ford