Online M.B.A. Requirements
The online M.B.A. program modality* provides knowledge across multiple business disciplines, preparing you to succeed in many professional settings. The courses for this modality are offered completely online. The program requires a minimum of 36 credit hours, or 12 courses, in addition to the completion of any required foundation courses.
All foundation requirements must be completed before beginning core or elective requirements. However, your previous academic coursework will be reviewed in an effort to waive the maximum number of foundation courses you will need to complete. A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) is necessary for foundation courses. No individual grade below 2.0 (C) is acceptable.
- BA 6000: Introduction to Accounting and Financial Reporting (3 credits)
- BA 6005: Basics of Financial Management (course waiver information) (3 credits)
- BA 6015: Marketing Foundations (2 credits)
- BA 6020: Contemporary Principles of Management (2 credits)
Through a profound cross-section of business operations, ethics, and strategy core courses, students develop well-rounded professional competencies. Each core course is three credits.
- BA 7000: Managerial Accounting**
- BA 7010: Global Operations & Supply Chain Management
- BA 7020: Corporate Financial Management
- BA 7030: Business Analytics
- BA 7040: Managing Organizational Behavior**
- BA 7050: Marketing Strategy**
- BA 7060: Understanding Emerging Technologies
- BA 7070: Social Perspectives on the Business Enterprise
- BA 7080: Strategic Management
Elective requirements and concentrations*
The elective requirements and concentrations provide the opportunity to tailor the M.B.A. program to your specific interests and career goals. The three-course, nine-credit requirement**** can be fulfilled in the following ways:
- Complete 3 elective business courses from a broad range of offerings, or
- Complete 1 concentration, which consists of 3 courses.
You may also choose from 13 concentrations. Concentrations are not listed on the degree but will appear on your transcript.
- Accounting Systems
- Digital/Business Analytics
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Financial Accounting
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Healthcare Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
- Information Systems Management
- International Business
- Sport and Entertainment Management.
*Students enrolled in this online modality must register for courses listed in the Schedule of Classes with the following instructional methods: Online--No Scheduled Meetings or Online--Scheduled Meetings.
All students who are eligible to enroll in a fully online program will be assessed regular Michigan resident tuition rates. International students residing outside of the United States can enroll in and complete online programs, and these students would qualify regular Michigan resident tuition rates. International students on F-1 or J-1 visas are ineligible for fully online programs. Please see the Academic Regulations section of the Graduate Bulletin and click "Enrollment in Online Programs."
**Program changes effective Fall 2023, current students should refer to the Academic Bulletin for a list of their program requirements.
***Students with undergraduate majors in accounting, management or marketing must substitute BA 7000, BA 7040 or BA 7050 with a 7000-level course within that discipline.
****Students admitted prior to Fall 2023 will need 6 MBA electives or can choose up to 2 MBA concentrations.