The M.B.A. program provides knowledge across multiple business disciplines, preparing you to succeed in many professional settings. The program requires a minimum of 36 credit hours, or 12 courses, in addition to the completion of any required foundation courses. Foundation, core and elective courses are listed below.
All foundation requirements must be completed before beginning core or elective requirements. However, your previous academic coursework will be reviewed in an effort to waive the maximum number of foundation courses you will need to complete. Each foundation course is two credits.
A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) is necessary for foundation courses. No individual grade below 2.0 (C) is acceptable.
A college-level algebra or finite mathematics course is also required.
- BA 6000: Introduction to Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BA 6005: Basics of Financial Management (course waiver information)
- BA 6010: Basics of Business Economics
- BA 6015: Marketing Foundations
- BA 6020: Contemporary Principles of Management
- BA 6025: Basics of Production/Operations Management
- BA 6090: Quantitative Analysis: Theory and Applications
- ISM 7500: Business Information Systems
Through a profound cross-section of business operations, ethics, and strategy core courses, students develop well-rounded professional competencies. Each core course is three credits.
- BA 7000: Managerial Accounting*
- BA 7020: Corporate Financial Management
- BA 7040: Managing Organizational Behavior*
- BA 7050: Marketing Strategy*
- BA 7070: Social Perspectives on the Business Enterprise
- BA 7080: Strategic Management
*Students with undergraduate majors in accounting, management or marketing must substitute a more advanced course for the corresponding core course.
Elective requirements and concentrations
The elective requirements and concentrations provide the opportunity to tailor the M.B.A. program to your specific interests and career goals. The six-course, 18-credit requirement can be fulfilled in the following ways:
- Complete six elective business courses from a broad range of offerings.
- Complete one concentration, which consists of three courses, then select three elective courses.
- Complete two concentrations, at three courses each, to satisfy the six-course requirement.
- Accounting Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Digital/Business Analytics
- Financial Accounting
- Healthcare Supply Chain Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
- Information Systems Management
- International Business
- Sport and Entertainment Management.
NOTE: When you complete a concentration, no subject area is designated on your degree, but it will appear on your transcript.