The M.B.A. program provides knowledge across multiple business disciplines, preparing you to succeed in many professional settings. The program requires a minimum of 36 credit hours, or 12 courses, in addition to the completion of any required foundation courses. Foundation, core and elective courses are listed below.
All foundation requirements must be completed before beginning core or elective requirements. However, your previous academic coursework will be reviewed in an effort to waive the maximum number of foundation courses you will need to complete.
A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) is necessary for foundation courses. No individual grade below 2.0 (C) is acceptable.
- BA 6000: Introduction to Accounting and Financial Reporting (3 credits)
- BA 6005: Basics of Financial Management (course waiver information) (3 credits)
- BA 6015: Marketing Foundations (2 credits)
- BA 6020: Contemporary Principles of Management (2 credits)
Through a profound cross-section of business operations, ethics, and strategy core courses, students develop well-rounded professional competencies. Each core course is three credits.
- BA 7000: Managerial Accounting**
- BA 7010: Global Operations & Supply Chain Management
- BA 7020: Corporate Financial Management
- BA 7030: Business Analytics
- BA 7040: Managing Organizational Behavior**
- BA 7050: Marketing Strategy**
- BA 7060: Understanding Emerging Technologies
- BA 7070: Social Perspectives on the Business Enterprise
- BA 7080: Strategic Management
*NOTE: Program changes effective Fall 2023, current students should refer to their academic bulletin for a list of their program requirements.
**Students with undergraduate majors in accounting, management or marketing must substitute BA 7000, BA 7040 or BA 7050 with a 7000-level course within that discipline.
Elective requirements and concentrations*
The elective requirements and concentrations provide the opportunity to tailor the M.B.A. program to your specific interests and career goals. The three-course, nine-credit requirement can be fulfilled in the following ways:
- Complete 3 elective business courses from a broad range of offerings, or
- Complete 1 concentration, which consists of 3 courses.
*NOTE: Students admitted prior to Fall 2023 will need 6 MBA electives or can choose up to 2 MBA concentrations.
- Accounting Systems
- Digital/Business Analytics
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Financial Accounting
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Healthcare Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
- Information Systems Management
- International Business
- Sport and Entertainment Management.
NOTE: Concentrations are not listed on the degree but will appear on your transcript.