Leadership is the key to organizational success on every scale. Management students and graduates of the Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business are prepared to take the reins and are up to the challenges of today's leaders, from making and implementing strategic decisions and efficiently allocating resources to empowering teams and adapting to constantly evolving technology.
Industry Mentor Program
Participating Ilitch School students pursuing a degree in management are matched with a professional alumni mentor for the academic year beginning in the fall semester. The Industry Mentor Program gives students the opportunity to meet and work with a professional in the field in a one-on-one basis where they focus on various, pre-selected topics either virtually or in person. At program conclusion, students will walk away with an increased awareness of management roles and opportunities while expanding their professional networks and gaining new skills for their future careers.
To participate as a student mentee, complete this application.
To participate as a mentor, complete this application.
For questions or more information, please reach out to Professor Gary Shields at email@example.com.
B.A./B.S. in managementPrepares students to analyze, manage and resolve contemporary management challenges head on and lead within organizations
Ph.D.A research-based track focused heavily on organizational behavior and strategy in the global business environment
Chair, Department of Management
Professor of Management
- Ilitch School announces Amanuel Tekleab as 2022 Inspirational Teacher Award winner
- Ilitch Business management major receives Beta Gamma Sigma Alumni Chapter Scholarship
- Andrea Tangari, Amanuel Tekleab receive WSU President’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- Ilitch Business student receives university funding for research project
- Matthew Piszczek named finalist for prestigious Kanter Award