Chair, Department of Management
Professor of Management
Mike Ilitch School of Business
2771 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
- Sport entertainment management
Wayne State University, School of Business
• Professor (05/2015-Present)
• Chair, Department of Management & Information Systems (02/2016 – Present)
Purdue University, Krannert School of Business
• Assistant Professor (2004 to 2009)
• Associate Professor (2010 to 2015)
Purdue University, Psychological Sciences
• Courtesy Appointment (I/O Psychology; 2007-2015)
• Chair, Department of Management & Information Systems (2016-Present)
• Institutional Representative, Wayne Women LEAD (University Chapter of MI-ACE)
• Ph.D. Coordinator; Krannert’s OBHR Area (2010, 2012-2015)
• Faculty Director; Krannert’s Masters Mentoring Program (2012-2015)
• Advisory Board Founding Member; Krannert’s “Mentors 4 Mentors” Alumni Mentoring Program (2014-2015)
• Faculty Director and Founder; Krannert Leadership Development Program (KLDP) (2013-2015)
Editorial Boards (Past and Present):
• Academy of Management Journal
• Journal of Applied Psychology
• Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes
• Group and Organization Management
• Academy of Management Association
• Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology
• American Psychological Association
Industry & Consulting Experience:
2016 & 2017 Ryder
• Consulting related to leadership development for IT directors and project managers
2015 Water for Good
• Consulting related to remote and globally dispersed teams
2014 Food Finders Food Bank
• Consulting related to recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers and employees
2014 Westminster Village Continuing Care Retirement Community
• Consulting related to stress management for CNAs
• Consulting related to motivation for dining service employees
2007 – 2008 Medina Metropolitan Housing Authority
• Consulting related to stress management
2005 - 2006 Purdue University Police Department
• Consulting related to emotional labor and customer satisfaction
2005 - 2006 Purdue University Student Union
• Consulting related to emotional labor and customer satisfaction
1996-1999 Lab Technician, Team Effectiveness Laboratory, Michigan State University
• Conducted research that was funded by two Office of Naval Research Grants regarding asymmetries in adaptability within team structure and adaptive team architectures and decision-making processes in distributed contexts (Principal Investigator: Dr. John Hollenbeck)
1997-1998 AmeriCorps Representative, Corporation for National & Community Service; Stationed at The Volunteer Center of Mid-Michigan, Lansing, MI
Ph.D. University of Florida, August 2004
College of Business Administration
Major: Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
B.S. Michigan State University, May 1997, High Honors
Leadership, Fairness in the Workplace, Team Effectiveness, Relationship Building & Interpersonal Skills (trust, active listening, feedback, difficult conversations, conflict management)
Research and teaching interests
• Organizational Behavior
• Justice/Fairness in the Workplace
• Team Effectiveness
- Hansen, S. Duane, Dunford, B. B., Alge, B. J., & Jackson, C. L. (2016). Corporate social responsibility, ethical leadership, and trust propensity: A multi-experience model of perceived ethical climate. Journal of Business Ethics, 137, 649-662.
- Casari, M., Zhang, J., & Jackson, C. L. (2016). Same process, different outcomes: Group performance in an acquiring a company experiment. Experimental Economics, 19, 764-791.
- Dunford, B. B., Jackson, C. L., Boss, A. D., Tay, L., & Boss, R. W. (2015). Be fair, your employees are watching: A relational response model of external third-party justice. Personnel Psychology, 68, 319-352.
- Jackson, C. L. Organizational Justice (2014). Oxford Bibliographies Online. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Hansen, S. Duane, Alge, B. J., Brown, M. E., Jackson, C. L., & Dunford, B. B. (2013). Ethical leadership: Assessing the value of a multifoci social exchange perspective. Journal of Business Ethics, 115, 435-449.
- Trougakos, J. P., Jackson, C. L., & Beal, D. J. (2011). Service without a smile: Comparing the consequences of neutral and positive display rules. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96, 350-362.
- LePine, J. A., Piccolo, R. F., & Jackson, C. L., Mathieu, J. E., & Saul, J. R. (2008). A meta-analysis of teamwork processes: Tests of a multidimensional model and relationships with team effectiveness criteria. Personnel Psychology, 61, 273-307.
- Judge, T. A., Jackson, C. L., Shaw, J. C., Scott, B., & Rich, B. L. (2007). Self-efficacy and work-related performance: The integral role of individual differences. Journal of Applied Psychology, 92, 107-127.
- Jackson, C. L., Colquitt, J. A., Wesson, M. J., & Zapata-Phelan, C. P. (2006). Psychological Collectivism: A measurement validation and linkage to group member performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 91, 884-899.
- Colquitt, J. A. & Jackson, C. L. (2006). Justice in teams: The context-sensitivity of justice rules across individual and team contexts. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 36, 868-899.
- LePine, J. A., LePine, M. A., & Jackson, C. L. (2004). Challenge and Hindrance Stress: Relationships with exhaustion, motivation to learn, and learning performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 89, 883-891.
- Jackson, C. L., & LePine, J. A. (2003). Peer responses to a team’s weakest link: A test and extension of LePine and Van Dyne’s Model. Journal of Applied Psychology, 88, 459-475.
- Colquitt, J. A., Noe, R. A., & Jackson, C. L. (2002). Justice in teams: Antecedents and consequences of procedural justice climate. Personnel Psychology, 55, 83-109.
• 2017-2018 Penn State Academic Leadership Academy
• 2016-2017 MI-ACE Senior Leadership Shadowing Program Mentee
• 2015 Finalist for Purdue University’s Mentoring Award
• 2014 Krannert School of Management Nominee for the Charles B. Murphy Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award
• 2014 Krannert School of Management Nominee for Purdue University’s Leadership In Action Award
• 2009-2013 Krannert School of Management Summer Research Grant, Purdue University
• 2008 PRF Faculty Summer Grant, Purdue University
• 2007 Krannert School of Management Summer Research Grant, Purdue University
• 2007 Jay Ross Young Faculty Scholar Award, Purdue University
• 2007- 2014 Courtesy appointment; Purdue University, Department of Psychological Sciences
• 2006 Teaching for Tomorrow Fellowship Award, Purdue University
• 2005 Best Conference Reviewer Award; Academy of Management Conference, HR Division