Senior rule admission
Allows students in the last undergraduate semester at Wayne State, with a minimum 3.0 upper division HPA, to take a limited number of graduate credits to be used toward a master's degree.
Students must register for at least one credit that is required for completion of the undergraduate degree, and only those courses taken in excess of the undergraduate degree requirements will be awarded graduate credit.
Undergraduate and graduate courses combined may not exceed sixteen credits for the final semester of undergrad degree work.
Senior Rule status is available for one semester only.
Students who have completed all requirements for an undergraduate degree are not eligible for Senior Rule Admission.
An Application for Graduate Admission must be approved before registration under Senior Rule. After the undergraduate degree is conferred, the student must notify the Graduate Admissions Office in order to convert to a regular admission to the master's program.
Students applying to a Mike Ilitch School of Business graduate program must:
- Apply to the Graduate School
- Take the GMAT or GRE and have official score sent to Wayne State
- Be admitted to the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting or Master of Science in Taxation program
- Fill out Senior Rule Request Form
Senior Rule admissions follow the same application deadlines as general graduate program admissions:
- July 1 for Fall semester
- November 1 for Winter semester
- March 1 for Spring/Summer semester
Students pay undergraduate fees for all courses taken under Senior Rule.