Graduate advising, waiver and transfer procedures
As a graduate student, you are responsible for meeting the conditions of your academic plan and for following all course prerequisites. Your Mike Ilitch School of Business Graduate Programs advisor is available to meet with you on the Detroit campus or via phone appointment. In addition, the Ilitch School of Business Graduate Programs Office offers walk-in advising every Tuesday on the Detroit campus for quick questions. Please contact the Graduate Programs Office via phone at 313-577-4511 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foundation course waivers from a Wayne State University graduate program or another graduate institution may be granted. Consideration can only be made upon written request and with provided evidence of having satisfactorily completed an equivalent course or courses at another collegiate institution. The Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business does not waive course requirements based on work experience.
Graduate transfer credit either from a Wayne State University graduate program or another graduate institution may be granted. Please submit a transfer credit request in the form of a letter of petition for consideration of such transfer credit toward the graduate degree requirement. Any such credit deemed transferable is determined by the Ilitch School of Business Graduate Committee based on the following criteria:
- The course must have been taken at an AACSB-accredited college or university.
- The course must have been reserved exclusively for graduate students.
- A letter grade of B (3.0) or higher must have been awarded.
- The course must be relevant to the academic plan as approved by the Graduate Committee.
- The course may not be more than six years old at the time of graduation.
- The course cannot have provided credit toward a prior degree.
- A maximum of two courses may be transferred.
Information contained in any petition should include the number and title of the course to be considered, a catalog course description, the titles of any texts used, course syllabi, the name and address of the instructor and any other information which may be helpful in evaluating the course.
Waiver requests and petitions for transfer credit should be sent in writing to:
Wayne State University
Mike Ilitch School of Business
Graduate Programs Office
2771 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201