Ilitch School announces formation of Global Supply Chain Management advisory board
The Mike Ilitch School of Business at Wayne State University has formed an industry advisory board to support its Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) program. The advisory board is a council of business leaders in the supply chain field that will serve in an advisory role to the GSCM program.
The board will provide advice on industry needs, strategic direction, national ranking strategies, curriculum and other programming. Members will also assist with internships and placement of students, the GSCM student association, guest speakers, plant tours, study abroad programs and company projects for students. Such external advice creates an environment of continuous improvement for undergraduate, graduate and professional curriculums and helps to better prepare Wayne State students for their current and future roles.
The inaugural advisory board is made up of the following individuals:
- Patrick Bauer, VP Supply Chain and Logistics, Faurecia North America
- Frank Baur, VP Supply Chain & Logistics (SCO), Robert Bosch Automotive Aftermarket
- Mark Brennan, Sr. Director Procurement, Aftermarket and Trailer, Meritor
- LeAnn Coulter, VP of Supply Chain Solutions & Procurement, Schneider Logistics
- Wendi Gentry-Stuenkel, Head of Supply Chain Management, FCA
- Jan Griffiths, VP Global Supply Chain Management, Inteva Products
- Chris Heineman, Director of Purchasing, Mahle
- Bill Hurles, Executive Director, Global Supply Chain Resiliency Council, and Executive Director Supply Chain Management, General Motors (Retired)
- Joel Karczewski, VP Business Development, Auto Industry Action Group
- Lisa Lunsford, CEO and Founder, Global Strategic Supply Solutions, VP of Sales & Marketing, Deshler Group
- Mike Lypka, Director of Supply Chain, North American Powertrain, Plants & Container Management, General Motors Company - Global Purchasing & Supply Chain
- Steve Martin, VP of Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial, Ryder
- Christopher Mattingly, Director of Component Capacity and Production Scheduling, FCA
- Bob Monczka, Professor Emeritus, Supply Chain Management, Michigan State University and Former Distinguished Research Professor Supply Chain Management, Arizona State University
- Dave Rumler, VP of Operations, DHL
- Eric Schwarz, Global Vice President, Purchasing Seating Operation, Lear
- Michael Silvio, Vice President Logistics Innovation, Surgere Inc.
- Carrie Uhl, VP of Purchasing and Supply Chain, the Americas, Magna International
Associate Professor Bertie Greer, faculty chair of the advisory board, said, “The advisory board is critical to advancement and continuous improvement of the global supply chain management program and overall student success.”
The Ilitch School’s Global Supply Chain Management program consists of an undergraduate major with 505 students, an MBA concentration with 185 students, and a master of science in automotive supply chain management with 16 enrolled students. The program also offers two executive education programs per year with Auto Industry Action Group, created five study abroad programs that run every year, and oversees the largest global SCM case competition in the world with 22 schools from five countries. The program is supported by nine full-time faculty members with expertise across a wide range of disciplines including purchasing, logistics, production planning and more, who are supported by a number of industry adjuncts with extensive experience and understanding of supply chain issues.
For press inquiries, contact Greer at firstname.lastname@example.org.