Fall 2019 welcome letter from Dean Forsythe
Dear Ilitch School students, faculty and staff:
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Mike Ilitch School of Business for the 2019-2020 academic year. Whether this is your first year with us or you have been a part of our Ilitch Business family for decades, I wish you the very best as we kick off a new year together!
I hope you’ll join us for our annual Back-to-School Bash next Thursday, September 5. Don’t miss this chance to network with fellow students and faculty in the atrium and courtyard while enjoying free food, games and more. The BTS Bash is presented by Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans.
Here are some helpful items to keep in mind as the new semester begins:
- Our leadership team worked very hard over the summer to expand study and meeting spaces throughout the building. Check out our new “Study Zones” flier for full information.
- For those of you who are new to the school, we have also created a new “Visitor Information” flier that offers detailed driving directions, parking/transportation options and more.
- We are very pleased to announce that Fourteen East will be moving into the Ilitch School later this year offering coffees, teas, sandwiches, soups, pastries, breakfast and lunch, and more. Stay tuned for updates as construction progresses. In the meantime, some nearby options for the ever-important cup of coffee include District Market (until 2:30 p.m.) or New Order Coffee Roasters.
- Students who have any questions about their classes or academic program should not hesitate to visit the Frederick Hessler Student Success Center or Graduate Programs Office. Our advisors are here to help answer your questions. Also be sure to visit the Career Planning and Placement Office as soon as possible for guidance on your journey to professional success.
- Full-time or part-time faculty who need any assistance navigating Ilitch School or WSU policies or procedures should contact one of the helpful and knowledgeable members of our administrative team. They can be found during normal business hours at the third floor information desk or anytime at email@example.com.
If you ever have questions or a concern that you are having trouble resolving, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing you around the building this coming year!