Those pursuing bachelor's degrees must complete Wayne State University's general education program, as well as courses to fulfill Mike Ilitch School of Business general education, foundation and core requirements.
In addition to all the above requirements, accounting majors must complete the following courses:
- ACC 5100 Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACC 5110 Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACC 5115 Intermediate Financial Accounting III
- ACC 5130 Accounting Systems Design and Control
- ACC 5160 Managerial Accounting
- ACC 5170 Introduction to Taxation: Individuals
Each course is three credit hours. Students are responsible for observing all prerequisites and limitations, and must have a minimum 2.50 GPA to enroll in 3000 level or higher Ilitch School core and major courses.
You can choose to earn either a B.A. or B.S. in any Mike Ilitch School of Business major. The only difference is that the B.A. has a foreign language requirement; the B.S. does not.