Winter 2023 welcome message from Dean Kleist
On behalf of the entire Mike Ilitch School of Business leadership team, happy New Year and welcome to a new semester! We wish you the very best throughout 2023. From instruction, mentorship, and participation in research with world-class faculty to internships, community engagement and service—it’s an exciting time to be a student here at the Ilitch School! We hope you take full advantage of all the opportunities available to you.
Please review the following helpful items to ensure a smooth start as the new semester begins:
- Beginning Jan. 9, the Ilitch School’s winter semester building hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m., Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday, 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Please be sure to bring your OneCard with you each time you come to the Ilitch School.
- If you have any questions about your classes or academic program, contact the Frederick Hessler Student Success Center or the Graduate Programs Office for assistance.
- For guidance on your journey to professional success, be sure to contact the Career Planning and Placement Office. It’s never too early to start that conversation!
- Student study and group meeting spaces are available throughout the building. Be sure to check out our winter 2023 study zone guide (pdf) for more information.
- Fourteen East, the café located in the southeast corner of the building along Woodward, is open Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Hours may be adjusted to best serve the Ilitch School and surrounding community. Fourteen East is also part of WSU’s show your OneCard and save program and offers 10% off any purchase over $3.
- WSU faculty, staff and students are eligible for a free WayneRides Dart pass to ride any DDOT or SMART buses or the QLINE streetcar as well as a free annual pass for the MoGo bike-sharing service. More information on these promotions can be found at economicdevelopment.wayne.edu/waynerides.
Your education and future success are our priorities, and it’s important to me that you have the support you need throughout your time at Wayne State. Feel free to email me with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing you around campus this semester!
Virginia Franke Kleist, Ph.D.
Dean, Mike Ilitch School of Business
Professor, Information Systems Management