Registration open for WSU-AIAG executive supply chain seminar beginning Oct. 31
The Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business, in cooperation with AIAG, is offering a one-week automotive and vehicle industry focused Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Seminar for purchasing/supply, logistics, and planning and scheduling executives, senior managers, leaders and other functional personnel from closely aligned activities (sales, product development, etc.).
The seminar, which runs from Oct. 31 to Nov. 4 at the Renaissance Center, is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to enhance functional performance and cross-functional integration of the extended supply chain to significantly improve company supply chain management contributions to cost, financial and overall performance.
This seminar will provide participants:
- Knowledge and insights enabling opportunity for positive impact on cost, financial, and overall competitive performance through purchasing and integrated supply chain excellence — beginning at new product development
- Insights into emerging automotive industry trends, their implications and global supply and customer markets
- Opportunities to further develop understanding of the integrated supply/ value chain and the necessary alignment and linkage of goals and strategies for competitive success
- Enhanced understanding and application of supply strategies and approaches to price/ cost; technology; responsiveness; quality improvement; innovation; collaboration and supplier relationships; risk management and supply chain transparency; supply base strategies; demand and supply planning; global logistics; sustainability; and talent acquisition and development
- Exposure to emerging supply chain strategies from automotive industry executives and opportunities for exchange of ideas with peers from other companies
- Critical benchmarking and good practice information from other industries based on leading academic/industry resources
This seminar is aimed at purchasing and supply chain management executives, directors, managers and other leaders who can influence positive change and further align and link the purchasing and supply chain management strategies (purchasing, supply, logistics, capacity planning & scheduling) at their organizations and suppliers. The seminar is also aimed at leaders in finance, product development, sales, operations and others who influence the success of their company supply/ value chains. It is also appropriate for those who will be undertaking new supply chain management leadership roles. The seminar provides participants the opportunity to learn and assess leading purchasing and supply chain management strategies and approaches and factors critical to successful integration.
The seminar will be held at the Detroit Renaissance Center in the heart of the world’s automotive capital. The seminar will be conducted to maximize participant interaction and discussion, with extensive evening classes and networking. The program will open with a Monday morning breakfast/introduction, and run from Monday to Friday afternoon. Sessions will extend into the evening on Monday and Tuesday, with a graduation dinner and executive speaker on Thursday evening. It is important that participants participate in all day and evening sessions. Program sessions will include lectures, panel discussions, cases, workshops, and participant presentations.
The total course fee is $4,895. Program fees are all inclusive and cover all sessions, readings, receptions, meals, and parking.