Attend the Career Fair Prep workshop Feb. 28
The Winter Business Career Fair is just three weeks away. Are you prepared? Not to worry – staff in the Career Planning and Placement office at the Mike Ilitch School of Business will be hosting a Career Fair Prep workshop Thursday, Feb. 28 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. to help you tweak your resume, communication skills, elevator pitches and much more before you meet over 30 potential employers.
The career fair is an opportunity for Ilitch School students and alumni to engage with employers recruiting for co-op/internships and full-time positions. Students will have the chance to introduce themselves professionally and to exemplify their skills and qualifications. To be successful at this event, the Career Planning and Placement office suggests the following:
- Do your homework! Research the list of expected employers through Handshake
- Attend Career Fair Prep and other related career workshops. Check "Events" for upcoming dates and RSVP on Handshake
- Have your resume reviewed by Career Planning and Placement
- Prepare and Practice your Elevator Pitch (30 second introduction to employers)
- Make sure to have professional business attire, pad folio, and several copies of your resume. Need help? Contact CPP for assistance.
- Attend Company Presentations, Meet & Greets, and career workshops to be more informed before the career fair
- Send a thank you email or note within 48 hours to the recruiters from the career fair
The Winter Business Career Fair will take place on March 6 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the student center ballroom. Registration is required via handshake. If you have any questions about the event or the workshop, contact the Career Planning and Placement Office at 313-577-4781.