Finance can be the most lucrative of all business careers, and the Mike Ilitch School of Business at Wayne State University is the perfect training ground. With myriad opportunities for internships, mentoring and career networking, our graduates land positions that run the gamut from financial planning and investment portfolio management to negotiating mergers and acquisitions, stock brokerage and more — all the way up to the C-suite.
The discipline of finance is at the heart of business and society. Ilitch School graduates are well-prepared with the tools and skills to value assets and drive investment and financing decisions at all scales, from designing individual retirement plans to growing multinational corporations.
The Masters of Science in Finance, Masters of Business Administration concentration in finance and Bachelors of Business Administration concentration in finance have all been welcomed into the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program. This signifies that the Department of Finance curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well-aligned to prepare students to sit for the CFA examinations.
B.A./B.S. in financeAmple opportunities for internships and above-average industry job growth put finance majors in prime position for career opportunities
M.S. in financeCurriculum integrates theory and practics to prepare students for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) level 1 exam
M.B.A.Concentrations in this premier business degree include finance, financial accounting and more
T. Norris Hitchman Endowed Chair; Professor of Finance
- Mayor Duggan taps Henry Ford Medical Group director to lead Detroit Health Department
- Macomb Community College transfer is now a student ambassador for the Mike Ilitch School of Business
- Financial Management Association invites accomplished entrepreneur to panel discussion
- Wayne State University welcomed into CFA Institute University Affiliation Program
- Ilitch School student interns at Fox Sports Detroit