Associate Professor of Finance
Mike Ilitch School of Business
2771 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
- Social capital
- Business ethics
Research and teaching interests
• Corporate finance
• Behavioral finance
• Social capital
• Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
• Business ethics
- Ph.D., 2009, Business Administration,Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Master of Business,2005,Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Bachelor of Arts,2002,(Economics and Mathematics), Cum Laude, Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana
Associate Professor of Finance, 2016 - Present, Wayne State University (tenured 2020)
Associate Professor of Finance (with tenure), 2015 - 2016, Texas A&M International University
Assistant Professor of Finance, 2009-2015, Texas A&M International University
Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance, 2008-2009, Texas A&M International University
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance
Ad hoc reviewer:
• Accounting & Finance
• Accounting Review
• AUDITING: A Journal of Practice & Theory
• British Journal of Management
• Contemporary Accounting Research (2)
• Corporate Governance: An International Review
• Eastern Economic Journal
• Emerging Market Finance and Trade (3)
• Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice (2)
• European Journal of Finance
• Financial Review (3)
• Journal of Accounting and Economics
• Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance (2)
• Journal of Accounting & Public Policy (2)
• Journal of Banking & Finance (9)
• Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance (4)
• Journal of Business Ethics (4)
• Journal of Business, Finance & Accounting (3)
• Journal of Business Research (3)
• Journal of Corporate Finance
• Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
• Journal of Financial Research (3)
• International Review of Finance (4)
• International Trade Journal (3)
• Managerial Finance (2)
• Personnel Review
• Review of Accounting Studies
• Review of Finance
- Anand Jha, Manoj Kulchania and Min-Jeong Kwon, 2022, Stock Repurchasing and Corporate Social Responsibility, Journal of Financial Stability (forthcoming)
- Christopher Boudreaux, Monica Escaleras and Anand Jha, 2022, Natural Disasters, Entrepreneurship Activity, and the Moderating Role of Country Governance, Small Business Economics (forthcoming)
- Christopher Boudreaux, Anand Jha, and Monica Escaleras 2022, Weathering the Storm: How Foreign Aid and Institutions Affect Entrepreneurship Activity Following Natural Disasters, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice (forthcoming)
- Christopher Boudreaux, George Clarke, and Anand Jha, 2022, The impact of social capital on an MSE’s productivity: Evidence from Zambia, Small Business Economics (forthcoming)
- Mufaddal Baxamusa, Sudip Datta, and Anand Jha, 2021, Does policy uncertainty increase relational risks? Evidence from strategic alliances. Financial Management, 50(3), 645-689.
- Anand Jha, Manoj Kulchania, Jared Smith, 2021, U.S. Political corruption and Auditing, Accounting Review, 96(1), 299-324.
- Sudip Datta, Anand Jha, Manoj Kulchania, 2020, On Accounting’s 21st Century Challenge: Evidence on the Relation between Intangible Assets and Audit Fees, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 55(1), 123-162.
- Anand Jha, 2019, Financial Reports and Social capital, Journal of Business Ethics 155(2), 567-596.
- Anand Jha, YoungJun Kim, and Sandra Gutierrez-Wirsching, 2019, The Determinants of Cross-border Corporate Strategic Alliances: The Roles of Trust, Cultural Distance, and Institutional Distance, Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, 21, 22-38.
- Mufaddal Baxamusa, Abu Jalal, and Anand Jha, 2018, It pays to partner with a firm that writes annual reports well, Journal of Banking & Finance, 92, 13-34.
- Todd Gormley, Nandini Gupta, and Anand Jha, 2018, Quiet Life No More? Corporate Bankruptcy and Bank Competition, Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis, 53(2), 581-611.
- Anand Jha, Christopher J. Boudreaux, and Vasabjit Banerjee, 2018, Political leanings and Social capital, Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (72), 95-105.
- Anand Jha, and James Cox, 2015, Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Capital, Journal of Banking & Finance 60, 252-270.
- Anand Jha, and Yu Chen, 2015, Audit fees and Social capital, Accounting Review 90, 611-639.
- Anand Jha, Siddharth Shankar, and Arun Prakash, 2015, How Does Bank Monitoring Affect Earnings Management of the Borrowing Firm: An Empirical Investigation, Journal of Financial Research, 38, 219-254.
- Anand Jha, Siddharth Shankar, and Leonard Arvi, 2014, Access to Bank Loans while in bankruptcy: The Role of Single vs. Multiple Banking Relations, Managerial Finance 40, 724-733.
- Anand Jha, 2013, Earnings Management Around Debt-Covenant Violations–An Empirical Investigation Using a Large Sample of Quarterly Data, Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance 28, 369-396.
- Siddharth Shankar, Gary A. Anderson, and Anand Jha, 2012, A Few Precise and Simple Methods for Understanding Changes in Cash Flow Patterns in Financial Education. International Journal of Finance 24, 7169-7085.
• Researcher of the year for 2020, Mike Illitch School of Business (co-winner)
• Best paper in Behavioral Finance, Midwest Finance Association, San Antonio, 2018