If you're interested in transferring to the Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business from a community college or other university, this page will get you on the road to success. Please contact an advisor if you have additional transfer-related questions. Effective for students admitted to Wayne State Fall 2018 and later.
Transferring from a community college
You can complete equivalent general education, electives, business foundation and in some cases major and core course requirements at your local community college. As a general rule, transfer students may apply a maximum of 64 credit hours toward their degree. The school has special agreements with Henry Ford College, Jackson Community College, Macomb Community College, Oakland Community College, Schoolcraft College and Washtenaw Community College that allow students to apply a maximum of 82 credits with completion of an approved associate degree program.
Completion of a MACRAO stamp or Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) is also strongly recommended. You will want to work with advisors at both the school you are transferring from and WSU to ensure you are maximizing your credits and time!
Transfer Credit Equivalency Guides
Click on your school below to download our PDF course equivalency guides.
- Broward College
- Delta College
- Henry Ford College
- Lansing Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Monroe County Community College
- Mott Community College
- Jackson College
- Oakland Community College
- Schoolcraft College
- St. Clair County Community College
- Washtenaw Community College
- Wayne County Community College District
Other transfer credit equivalencies
For information on Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) tests, check the Transfer Credit Evaluation tests page.
Applying as a transfer
From other colleges or universities:
A minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA and at least 24 transferable credits from a previous college or university are required for admission into Wayne State University.
- Complete the appropriate undergraduate application.
- International students: Submit your non-refundable $50 application fee in the form of check, money order or credit card (Discover, MasterCard, Visa or American Express).
- Request all official transcripts from previous colleges or universities be mailed to university admissions.
- Check the status of your application here.
Within Wayne State:
Simply complete the business major declaration form and submit it to the school. No other steps are required.