Master's Program Admissions
You're ready to take the next step in your professional development. It's time to pursue the graduate business degree that will prepare you for future advancement and success.
Congratulations on your decision! Here's how to make it happen at the Mike Ilitch School of Business.
Most prospective graduate business students will take the GMAT or GRE, although the Mike Ilitch School of Business does offer GMAT waivers to highly qualified applicants. To be considered for a GMAT waiver, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Acceptable score on the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE), Law School Admission Test (LSAT) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) entrance exam
- GPA of 3.0 or higher from an AACSB-accredited business program
- GPA of 3.2 or higher from a regionally-accredited university in any major
- At least three years of relevant professional experience that shows increased responsibility over that period
Please contact the Graduate Programs Office for more information on GMAT waivers or equivalency requirements.
If you've taken the GMAT more than once, we will use your highest GMAT score in the last five years when evaluating your application.
Admissions applications may be submitted in advance of taking one of these tests.
The GMAT and GRE are offered continually at testing centers throughout North America and at select international sites.
- For GMAT, visit the official GMAT testing page or call 800-GMAT-NOW for full details. The Graduate Management Admission Council also has resources to help you succeed on the GMAT. Wayne State offers GMAT prep courses as well.
- For GRE, visit the official registration and test centers page or call 866-473-4373 for full details. Educational Testing Services offers resources to help you prepare for the GRE.
To apply for admission to a graduate business program:
- Take the GMAT or GRE and have your results sent to Wayne State University (school code 1898), or contact the Graduate Programs Office to confirm your qualification for a waiver.
- Complete an application for graduate admission (GMAT/GRE score is not required to submit application)
- Submit official transcripts from all collegiate institutions by postal mail or courier to:
Wayne State University
Office of Graduate Admissions
5057 Woodward Ave., Suite 6000
Detroit, MI 48202
Electronic transcripts will be accepted if they are delivered securely from the registrar of the issuing institution directly to the Wayne State University Office of Graduate Admissions (email@example.com). An electronic (secure, certified PDF) transcript is official as long as it is not altered. A printed copy of a PDF transcript is not official. Wayne State will not accept an attested or notarized copy of a transcript, a hand-delivered transcript or a transcript that reads "issued to student."
International students should also check the international student admissions page for additional admissions requirements.
The admissions application and all other required documents are due by:
- July 1 for fall semester admission
- November 1 for winter semester admission
- March 1 for spring/summer semester admission