Corporate Mentor Program
Ilitch Business students have an opportunity to be matched with a professional corporate mentor and work one-on-one throughout the entire academic year. Students selected to join the Corporate Mentor Program will work closely with the co-directors to determine their long-term career interests and goals in order to find the right mentor to help move their interests forward, expose them to the day-to-day world of work, and other professional opportunities for success after college.
The Corporate Mentor Program incorporates an intentional effort to help first-generation, undergraduate students (neither mother nor father graduated from a four-year university within the United States) further explore a career direction and become career-ready. This program is a formal mentoring program that focuses on one-on-one relationships to help participating business students develop a professional identity and a clearer vision for their career path. The program matches a mid- to senior-level executive, who is either a WSU alumnus or friend of the school, with a Wayne State business student.
- Students will work closely with mentorship program staff to select a mentor that best meets their personal and professional goals.
- Regular career development and networking opportunities, as well as guidance from your mentor and program staff on how to best prepare for success.
- An opportunity to develop a long-term relationship with your mentor since the program structure supports students during an entire academic year. You can visit your mentor at their office, attend professional industry events with your mentor, and participate in service opportunities together.
- Regular and consistent interaction with your mentor while still being able to retain current job/internship and other personal responsibilities.
- Direct access to mentorship program staff, complete with in-depth training and support both before, during, and after the formal match process.
- A chance to directly impact a WSU business student over the long term, while also re-engaging with the School of Business community as a whole.
- Monthly e-news updates with campus academic, career, and social calendar updates and suggestions for mentee engagement.
|Amber Conway |
|Emily Kravetz |
Mike Ilitch School of Business
2771 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201