Our home in the District Detroit
Our building, which opened to students in Fall 2018, was made possible by a $40 million lead investment from Mike and Marian Ilitch. The gift is the largest in WSU history and ranks as one of the largest gifts ever to name a public business school in the United States.
The facility is WSU's first entirely new construction project outside of the university's Midtown campus. Our location in The District Detroit brings students closer to the heart of Detroit's business community and enhances access to internship and career opportunities.
Location: The Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business is located at 2771 Woodward Ave. on the southwest corner of Temple and Woodward, east of Park Avenue.
Entrance: You can enter the building using either Temple or Woodward doorways. Upon arrival, all guests are required to sign in and present a driver's license or state-issued I.D. at the security desk. Please be sure to complete a Campus Daily Screener before entering the building.
Assistance: For help, please call your host or the Security Desk at 313-577-1731 or 313-577-3572.
The four-story building is roughly 125,000 square feet and includes:
- A highly visible finance and data analytics lab on the ground floor at Woodward and Temple that features an interactive display wall, multiple Bloomberg terminals and databases for student and faculty research.
- The ground floor also features an executive M.B.A. suite, a two-story atrium and retail space.
- The 256 seat Lear Auditorium has state-of-the-art AV technology and the ability to bring full-sized vehicles into the room for events with our partners in the auto industry.
- Tutoring, academic advising and career services spaces, including a full-service accounting lab and meeting rooms for prospective employers to interview students.
- A rooftop terrace along Woodward Avenue that allows the school to host students, alumni and friends for all kinds of events, including America's Thanksgiving Parade.