25 Under 25 recognition program
Anyone who has spent time around them knows that the students in WSU's Mike Ilitch School of Business are some of the brightest and hardest-working around. For the fourth year, the best of the best will be recognized for all they do – in and out of the classroom – through the 25 Under 25 awards.
Dean Robert Forsythe created the Mike Ilitch School of Business 25 Under 25 program to recognize students who have demonstrated success in at least two of the following four categories: academics, leadership, professional development and campus/community service.
To be selected for this program, students complete an online application and submit a résumé and, in some cases, reference letters to demonstrate their accomplishments to a panel of judges comprised of executives from the business community. The deadline to apply is Feb. 5, 2020. Previous winners are not eligible for the current award year.
Qualifications, required documentation and recognition are outlined below. Students are encouraged to have their résumés reviewed by the Mike Ilitch School of Business Career Planning & Placement Office before submitting them.
If you would like to nominate a student, please send their name and contact information to email@example.com. Friends and alumni of the Mike Ilitch School of Business who are interested in serving as a judge or event sponsor should contact Steve Townsend at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must:
- Be fully admitted to and currently enrolled in the Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business as an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student (business minors are NOT eligible).
- Undergraduates must have completed at least 30 credit hours of coursework toward a BS/BA degree including a minimum of 15 credits at Wayne State University.
- Have an established grade point average in their program of study in the Ilitch School (minimum 3.0 overall GPA).
- Be able to demonstrate excellence in at least two of the following areas at the college level:
- Professional development
- Community/campus service
- Be no older than 25 on March 26 of the award year.
- Have not been recognized with 25 Under 25 honors in a previous year.
Students chosen for the 25 Under 25 recognition program:
- Will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of industry executives.
- Will have professional headshots taken by a WSU photographer. These headshots will be used for a recognition booklet, website and social media campaign. Headshots will be shared with students for personal use.
- Will receive an award at a special networking reception to be held on Thursday, March 26, at the Gem Theatre.
- Will be profiled on the Mike Ilitch School of Business website and highlighted in news releases, social media and other channels.
When completing the application, students should be prepared to:
- Describe (using no more than 750 words) your accomplishments in at least two of the following areas: academics, leadership, professional development, and community/campus service activities.
- Submit an updated résumé in PDF format.
- Although not required, students may also submit PDF files of up to two reference letters that provide proof of significant community service, leadership, or professional development.
While students must fill out the application themselves, others are welcome to suggest students for participation by sending their name and contact information to email@example.com.
- Muhammad Ahmed, Management
- Brendan Bilkovic, Marketing
- Shreyas Bolar, Marketing
- Mary Consiglio, Finance and Marketing
- Ellie Dean, MBA
- Nisreen Faraj, Accounting
- Giselle Gaitan, Marketing
- Jacob Greenleaf, Information Systems Management
- Jad Hamdan, Global Supply Chain Management and Information Systems Management
- Keaton Inglis, Finance
- Hallie Laramie-Sinclair, Accounting
- Danielle Levine, Marketing
- Kianna Mateen, Global Supply Chain Management and Marketing
- Saliou Mbengue, Accounting
- Gabriele Moote, Accounting and Finance
- Suchitra Nair, Information Systems Management and Marketing
- Uslind Palokaj, Finance
- Victoria Perez, Finance
- James Phelps, Global Supply Chain Management
- Jacob Phillips, Global Supply Chain Management
- Leah Pletcher, MBA
- Phillip Ryu, Global Supply Chain Management
- Brittany Scott, MBA
- Hadi Souedan, Accounting
- Estevan Vasquez, Accounting
- Vanessa Agrusa, global supply chain management
- Alec Albanna, accounting
- Julia Beleshi, accounting
- Vyshnavi Chivukula, finance
- Sarah Deciechi, MS accounting
- Amney Iskandar, MBA
- Brendan Johnson, finance
- Jeremy Jones, finance
- Dominic Kosters, finance
- Ardalan Malek Boushehri, finance
- Josh Nelson, marketing
- Westin Pulizzi, MBA
- Muhammad Qureshi, finance
- Aya Rahal, global supply chain management
- Naabia Romain, global supply chain management
- Ishpinder Sahni, MBA
- Ali Scheib, MBA
- Austin Shepherd, marketing
- Matthew Stevens, MBA
- Benjamin Trela, accounting
- Adrianna Waack, finance
- Aaron Walden, MBA
- Alyssa Witzleben, marketing
- Basem Younis, accounting and finance
- Andrew Zimmerman, MS automotive supply chain
- Brian Boeskool, finance and accounting
- Carli Burczyk, management
- Robert Calimente, finance
- Nina Cedro, marketing and information systems management
- Leif Clark, management
- Rachel Cullon, finance
- Rachel Cyranski, global supply chain management
- Jeffrey Frederick, accounting
- Joseph Haddad, global supply chain management
- Christopher Haley, finance
- Rachel Jones, global supply chain management
- Marta Kopania, finance and information systems management
- Sara Marker, MBA
- David Michail, accounting
- Jessica Murphy, global supply chain management
- Nicholas Mutebi, management
- Mackenzie Queen, finance and information systems management
- Michael Rachwal, global supply chain management
- Mahmoud Saleh, finance
- Anchita Sanam, finance and information systems management
- Troy Saruna, marketing
- Taylor Smith, finance
- Aaron Spencer, MBA
- Brent Steinacker, global supply chain management
- Christina Winkler, MBA
- Justin Adsitt-Weiner, Global Supply Chain & Accounting
- Zara Akhter, Global Supply Chain & Information Systems Management
- Lila Al-shwaf, Global Supply Chain
- Hajar Al-wahabi, Global Supply Chain & Marketing
- Maria Arpino
- Charles Ashton, Finance
- Alex Atanasovski, MST
- Trent Brodbeck, Global Supply Chain
- Cosmin Dordea, Finance & Accounting
- Jack Floyd, Global Supply Chain
- Donald Glazier, Accounting & Finance
- Julia Hurley, Global Supply Chain
- Dung Huynh, Marketing
- Brianne Lambrecht, Accounting
- Lindsey Mason, MBA
- Jack Mazur, Global Supply Chain
- Andrew McAnelly, Accounting
- Robin Nickell, Information Systems Management
- Krystal Robinson, Marketing
- Revanth Selvaraj, Global Supply Chain
- Idon Shaman, Information Systems Management
- Viswanath Swamy, Global Supply Chain
- Troy Tanzy, Finance
- Andrew Timlin, Finance
- Loren Townes, Marketing