Associate Professor of Finance
Social capital, Corporate misbehavior
Research and teaching interests
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Master of Business, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Bachelor of Arts, (Economics and Mathematics), Cum Laude, Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana
- Financial reports and social Capital, 2017, Journal of Business Ethics, Forthcoming
- Quiet life no more? Corporate bankruptcy and bank competition (with Todd Gormley and Nandini Gupta), 2016, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (JFQA), Forthcoming
- Corporate social responsibility and social capital (with James Cox) , 2015, Journal of Banking & Finance 60, 252-270.
- Audit fees and social capital (with Yu Chen), 2015, Accounting Review 90, 611-639.
- Effect of bank monitoring on earnings management of the borrowing firm: an empirical investigation (with Siddharth Shankar, and Arun Prakash), 2015, Journal of Financial Research 38, 219-254.
- Access to bank loans while in bankruptcy: The role of single vs. multiple banking relations, (with Siddharth Shankar, and Leonard Arvi), 2014, Managerial Finance 40, 724-733.
- Earnings management around debt covenant violations–an empirical investigation using a large sample of quarterly data, 2013, Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance 28, 369-396.