Professor of Marketing and International Business
Board of Visitors Fellow
Ph.D. Program Director
International business issues, U.S.-China and U.S.-India trade and investment problems/prospects, U.S. trade problems/prospects with Japan and/or Europe, U.S.-Canada trade issues, Strategic alliances in the auto industry, Impact of globalization on business and labor, U.S.-Latin America issues, U.S.-Middle East issues
Research and teaching interests
- Cross-national consumer behavior
- International strategic alliances
- International marketing strategy
- Marketing in emerging economies
- Marketing research
- International Business
- International Marketing
- Marketing Theory
- Marketing Strategy
- Ph.D., Georgia State University, 1978
- M.B.A., Indiana University, 1973
- B.S., Indiana University, 1971
Yaprak has been a professor of marketing at Wayne State University for 30 years. He is a member of the Academy of International Business, American Marketing Association and Academy of Marketing Science.
- S. T. Cavusgil, G. Knight, J. S. Riesenberger, and A. Yaprak (2009) Conducting Market Research for International Business (Business Expert Press), 122 pps. [A condensed text on global market research]
- A. Yaprak (2011), "Market Entry Barriers in China: A Commentary Essay", Journal of Business Research, in press.
- A. Yaprak, S. Xu and E. Cavusgil (2011) "Effective Global Strategy Implementation: Structural and Process Choices Facilitating Global Integration and Coordination," Management International Review, 51, 2, 179-199.
- H. Cannon and A. Yaprak (2011) "Toward a Theory of Cross-National Segmentation," International Marketing Review, 28, 3, 229-243.
- A. Yaprak (2011), "Dynamic Learning and Strategic Alliances: A Commentary Essay," Journal of Business Research, 64, 1128-1130.
- A. Yaprak and B. Karademir (2011), "Emerging Market Multinationals' Role in Developed Country Multinationals' Regional Expansion: A Critical Review of the Literature and Turkish Company Examples," Journal of World Business, 46, 438-446.
- A. Kirca and A. Yaprak (2010) "The Use of Meta-Analysis in International Business Research: Its Current Status And Suggestions for Better Practice," International Business Review, 12, 5,581-599.
- A. Yaprak and B. Karademir (2010), "The Internationalization of Emerging Market Business Groups: An Integrated Literature Review," International Marketing Review, 27, 2,245-262.