Professor of Information Systems Management
- Information systems management
Statistics, Manufacturing management, Management information systems, Total quality management, IT security
Research and teaching interests
- Manufacturing Strategy
- Manufacturing Management
- Information Systems
- Quantitative Methods
- MBA, Bowling Green State University, 1992
- Ph.D., University of Toledo, 1982
- BA, University of Toledo, 1977
- Association for Information Systems
- Decision Sciences Institute
- INFORMS - The Institute of Management Science
- Production and Operations Management Society
- Liozu, S., Hinterhuber, A., and Somers, T. (Accepted 8/20/2013, published 2014). "Organizational design and pricing capabilities for superior firm performance," Management Decision, 52(1), pp. 54-78.
- Gorla, N. and Somers, T. (April 2014, Accepted 12/31/2013). "Impact of IT Outsourcing on Information Systems Success," Information and Management, 51(3), pp 320-335.
- Karimi, J., Somers, T., Bhattercherjee, A. (2008) "The Impact of Scope of ERP Implementation on Net-Enabled Execution Strategy: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," International Journal of Electronic Commerce.
- Karimi, J., Somers, T., Bhattercherjee, A. (Fall 2007). "The Role of IS Resources in ERP Capability Building and Business Process Outcomes: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 221-260.
- Karimi, J., Somers, T., Bhattercherjee, A. (Summer 2007). "The Impact of ERP Implementation on Business Process Outcomes: A Factor-Based Study," Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 24, No.1, pp.103-137.
- Ragowsky, A., Somers, T., and Adams D. (August 2005). "Assessing Value Provided by ERP Applications through Organizational Activities," Communication of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 16, No.18, pp. 381-406.