PwC MPREP Scholars program exceeds expectations in first year
The PwC MPREP Scholars program at the Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business has wrapped up its inaugural year boasting tremendous success. Among its accomplishments, the program welcomed 39 students, far exceeding the initial goal of 20, reported Lynita Taylor, director and inclusion manager for MPREP Scholars.
“These achievements could not have been reached without the interest, recommendations, support and engagement of Ilitch School faculty and staff,” said Taylor. “I am excited to make this program even more impactful in year two.”
Below is a comprehensive impact report for the program’s first year:
- Welcomed 39 multicultural students into the program (initial goal was 20)
- 59% of our active students finished the academic year with a 3.0+ GPA
- 47% of our active students secured full-time/leadership event/internship opportunities for the summer
- Recognized 2 graduates
- Hosted community service events supporting Children's Hospital of Michigan and Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program
- Attended industry office visits to PwC and Deloitte
- Provided 14 professional and personal development workshops
- Received engagement/support from 26 Metro Detroit companies
A collaborative measure between Wayne State and PricewaterhouseCoopers, or PwC, the MPREP learning community aims to prepare young professionals of color by enhancing their education beyond the classroom. The program pairs students with multiple mentors across respective business fields and provides a host of academic and professional support services.