Finance can be the most lucrative of all business careers, and the Mike Ilitch School of Business at Wayne State University is the perfect training ground. With myriad opportunities for internships, mentoring and career networking, our graduates land positions that run the gamut from financial planning and investment portfolio management to negotiating mergers and acquisitions, stock brokerage and more — all the way up to the C-suite.
The discipline of finance is at the heart of business and society. Ilitch School graduates are well-prepared with the tools and skills to value assets and drive investment and financing decisions at all scales, from designing individual retirement plans to growing multinational corporations.
B.A./B.S. in financeAmple opportunities for internships and above-average industry job growth put finance majors in prime position for career opportunities
M.S. in financeCurriculum integrates theory and practics to prepare students for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) level 1 exam
M.B.A.Concentrations in this premier business degree include finance, financial accounting and more
T. Norris Hitchman Endowed Chair; Professor of Finance
Chair, Department of Finance
- Detroit Free Press: Sudip Datta on health disclosures for CEOs
- Mbodja Mougoue published in Communication in Statistics Research journal
- Finance faculty member, doctoral student publish on gender in the C-suite
- Detroit News: Sudip Datta on Schuette real estate deals
- First Ilitch School finance Ph.D. grad earns tenure at Penn State Lehigh Valley