Assistant Professor of Marketing
Mike Ilitch School of Business
2771 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
LinkedIn, Google Scholar
Research and teaching interests
- Sharing economy and peer-to-peer platforms
- Consumer materialism
- Public policy issues
- Marketing management
- Digital marketing
- Social media marketing
- Business analytics
- Ph.D. (Marketing), John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, 2017
- B.A. (Economics), Concordia University, 2008
- Davidson, A., Nepomuceno, M. V., & Laroche, M. (2019). Shame on You: When Materialism Leads to Purchase Intentions toward Counterfeit Products. Journal of Business Ethics, 155(2), 479-494.
- Davidson, A., Habibi, M. R., & Laroche, M. (2018). Materialism and the Sharing Economy: A Cross-cultural Study of American and Indian Consumers. Journal of Business Research, 82, 364-372.
- Habibi, M. R., Davidson, A., & Laroche, M. (2017). “What Managers Should Know about the Sharing Economy,” Business Horizons, 60 (1), 113-121
- Davidson, A. and Laroche, M. (2016). “Connecting the Dots: How Personal Need for Structure Produces False Consumer Pattern Perceptions,” Marketing Letters, 27 (2), 337-350
- Davidson, A. "Gender Price Differences in Airbnb: Implications for Service Providers of the Sharing Economy”, presented at the 2019 American Marketing Association Winter Academic Conference, Austin, Texas, USA, February 22-24 2019.
- Davidson, A. & Theriault, D., “Are Political Conservatives More Hospitable? The Case of Airbnb”, invited presentation at the 2018 Symposium for Emerging Marketing Scholars, Logan, Utah, USA, December 7, 2018.
- Davidson, A., Habibi, M. R & Laroche, “Structure-Seeking in the Sharing Economy”, presented at the 2017 ACR conference, San Diego, California, USA, October 26-29 2017.
- Habibi, M.R., Davidson, A., Laroche, M. and Jaliloghli, A. "Cross-Cultural Comparisons and Social Perceptions of Hosts in a Peer-to-Peer Accommodation Context", presented at the 2017 Royal Bank International Research Seminar, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, September 21-22 2017.
- Granitz, N., Habibi, M.R., and Davidson, A., "What Motivates Participation in the Sharing Economy", presented at the Marketing EDGE Direct/Interactive Marketing Research Summit, Los Angeles, California, USA, October 15-16 2016.
- Davidson, A., Habibi, M.R. and Laroche, M., "Materialism and the Sharing Economy: A Cross-Cultural Study of American and Indian Consumers", presented at the 2015 Royal Bank International Research Seminar, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, September 24-26 2015.
- Sultana, B. and Davidson, A., "Funeral Selfies: A Tool for Buffering Existential Anxieties", presented at the 7th Kern Conference on Visual Communication, Rochester, New York, USA, April 14-16 2016.
- Davidson, A., Habibi, M.R., and Laroche, M., "Materialism and Participation in Sharing Practices", poster presented at the 2016 ACR conference, Berlin, Germany, October 27-29 2016.
- Davidson, A., Nepomuceno, M. and Laroche, M., “Materialism and Detectably Counterfeited Goods: The Mediating Role of Embarrassment,” poster presented at the 2015 ACR conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, October 1-3 2015.
- Davidson, A. and Laroche, M., “Innumeracy and the Temporal Frame of Pro-Social Messages on Donation Likelihood,” poster presented at the 2015 SCP conference, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, February 26-28 2015.
- Davidson, A. and Laroche M., “How Priming Collectivism or Individualism Can Impact Motivations and Increase Participant Satisfaction in Online Surveys,” poster presented at the 2015 SCP conference, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, February 26-28 2015.
- Davidson, A. and Laroche, M., “Consumer Patternicity: Investigating the Influence of Abstract Mindsets on Personal Need for Structure,” poster presented at the 2014 ACR conference, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, October 23-25 2014.
- Davidson, A. and Laroche, M., “Self-Construal, Construal Level and Collaborative Consumption in Emerging and Developed Markets,” poster presented at the 2014 Latin ACR conference 2014, Guadalajara, Mexico, July 24-26 2014.
- Bob and Raye Briscoe PhD Fellowship in Business Administration, 2016
- Humberto Santos Scholarship in Business Administration, 2015
- TD Bank Financial Group Fellowship in Business Education, 2013
- Hydro-Quebec Scholarship, 2012
- John Molson School of Business Fellowship, 2012