Part-Time Faculty in Management
Generations in today's workforce, leadership behaviors, employee motivation, and organizational culture.
Contemporary principles of management: This introduction course covers management functions and focuses on fundamental management theories, principles, definitions and concepts. This includes ethics, values, globalization, planning, strategy, decision making, organizational culture, innovation, motivation, leadership, communication, and quality control from both historical and forward-thinking perspectives.
Strategic management: This capstone course focuses on the application of theory and concepts regarding strategic formulation and implementation from the perspective of senior management, to integrate the functional areas and provide a unified direction for the firm when it is operating in complex local and/or global environments.
Proven professional and U.S. Air Force veteran with experience in program management, business management, organizational development, process management, IT service management, business development, systems engineering, strategic planning, configuration management, and proposal writing in automotive, IT, engineering, and DoD environments.
Research and teaching interests
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Design and Culture
- Program Management
- Employee Motivation
- Leadership Behaviors
- Doctorate – Management, University of Maryland University College (UMUC), 12/2011
- Master of Science – Project Management, George Washington University, 12/2006
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration, UMUC, 12/2003
- Associates of Science – Communications Applications, Community College of the Air Force, 06/2002
Dr. Thaddaeus Irby currently performs as the Lead Program Manager for Global Experiences within General Motors (GM), a Part-Time Professor at Wayne State University (WSU), and is the Founding President of the Detroit STEAM Academy (DSA) - a 501c3 nonprofit. At GM, Dr. Irby is responsible for leading the planning & the execution of multiple programs & projects; At WSU, Dr. Irby teaches the Contemporary Principles of Management. At DSA, Dr. Irby works with the community to provide instruction on the integration of Arts into STEM.
- General Motors. Lead Program Manager for Global Experiences (08/2015 – Present)
- Wayne State University, Part-time Adjunct Professor (Present)
- Ford Motors. IT Program Manager (11/2014 – 08/2015)
- Lockheed Martin. IT Project Engineering Manager (11/2003 – 11/2014).
- SAIC. Maritime Intelligence Analyst. (09/2002 – 11/2003).
- United States Air Force. Signals Intelligence Analyst (09/1998 - 09/2002)
- The Situational Leadership Approach Effects on Employee Motivation in Multi-Generational Information Technology Organizations. University of Maryland University College (2011)
- Introduction to High Performance Computing. University of Puerto Rico (2014).
- Engineers in the Classroom - STEM. National Geographic / Lockheed Martin (2014).
- Business Etiquette Prep School. Black Engineer of the Year Awards (2013 and 2014).
- Lockheed Martin Celebration of Excellence – Individual Excellence Award (2012)
- Black Engineer of the Year (BEYA) - Modern Day Technology Leader Award (2012)
- DoD High Performance Computing – Up & Coming Hero Award (2011)
- Lockhheed Martin, IS&GS Defense, Enterprise IT Services, Employee of the Month (2011)
- U.S. Presidents Community Service Award (2007)
- United States Air Force (USAF) Joint Service Achievement Medal (2002)