Part-Time Faculty in Management
Generations in today's workforce, leadership behaviors, employee motivation, and organizational culture.
- Contemporary Principles of Management: This introduction MBA course covers management functions and focuses on fundamental management theories, principles, definitions and concepts. This includes ethics, values, globalization, planning, strategy, decision making, organizational culture, innovation, motivation, leadership, communication, and quality control from both historical and forward-thinking perspectives.
- Strategic Management: This MBA capstone course focuses on the application of theory and concepts regarding strategic planning, formulation, implementation, and sustainment from the perspective of senior management and executive leadership. This supports the integration of all internal functional areas to provide a unified direction for the firm when it is operating in any environments.
- Strategic Management: This undergraduate capstone course focuses on the theory and concepts regarding strategic formulation and implementation at all levels of an organization.
- Leadership Academy: Instructing and Coaching Executive leaders on Planning, Ethics, all aspects of Human Resources, Organizational Design, Communication, Leadership, Rewards & Recognition, & Management Processes.
Proven Global Leader, University Professor, and U.S. Air Force veteran with over 20 years of experience in Program Management, Human Resource Management, Organizational Design, Operational Excellence, Process Management, Business Development, IT Service Management, Portfolio Management, Strategic Planning, and Proposal Writing at Automotive, IT, Engineering, Academia, and DoD organizations. A firm resourceful leader and Enterprise-level Program Manager specializing in managing stakeholder expectations, scope planning and management, UX/UI principles, agile and waterfall project management, risk/opportunity/mitigation, cost management, negotiation, and leadership.
- Doctorate – Management, University of Maryland University College (UMUC), 12/2011
- Master of Science – Project Management, George Washington University, 12/2006
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration, UMUC, 12/2003
- Associates of Science – Communications Applications, Community College of the Air Force, 06/2002
Research and teaching interests
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Design and Culture
- Program Management
- Employee Motivation
- Leadership Behaviors
Dr. Thaddaeus Irby currently performs as the Enterprise Technology Senior Manager for the Lockheed Martin (LM) Corporation and is a M.B.A.-level Adjunct Professor at Wayne State University (WSU). At LM, Dr. Irby leads a global team in defining and supporting the digital transformation of major HR systems from concept to sustainment. At WSU, he teaches MBA-level courses focusing on management, strategy, and leadership in the 21st century.
- Lockheed Martin. Senior Manager, Enterprise Technology (01/2020 - Present)
- Wayne State University, Part-time Adjunct Professor (Present)
- General Motors. Lead Program Manager for Global Experiences (08/2015 – 12/2019)
- Ford Motors. IT Program Manager (11/2014 – 08/2015)
- Lockheed Martin. IT Project Engineering Manager (11/2003 – 11/2014).
- SAIC. Maritime Intelligence Analyst. (09/2002 – 11/2003).
- United States Air Force. Signals Intelligence Analyst (09/1998 - 09/2002)
- The Situational Leadership Approach Effects on Employee Motivation in Multi-Generational Information Technology Organizations. University of Maryland University College (2011)
- Making the Most of Graduate School. Black Engineer of the Year STEM Conference (2019)
- Time Management. Black Engineer of the Year STEM Conference (2018)
- Introduction to High Performance Computing. University of Puerto Rico (2014).
- Engineers in the Classroom - STEM. National Geographic / Lockheed Martin (2014).
- Business Etiquette Prep School. Black Engineer of the Year Awards (2013 and 2014).
- Black Engineer of the Year (BEYA) - Science Spectrum Trailblazer (2022)
- Michigan Chronicle - Men of Excellence (2021)
- Lockheed Martin Celebration of Excellence – Individual Excellence Award (2012)
- Black Engineer of the Year (BEYA) - Modern Day Technology Leader Award (2012)
- DoD High Performance Computing – Up & Coming Hero Award (2011)
- Lockhheed Martin, IS&GS Defense, Enterprise IT Services, Employee of the Month (2011)
- U.S. Presidents Community Service Award (2007)
- United States Air Force (USAF) Joint Service Achievement Medal (2002)