Part-Time Faculty in Accounting
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
By appt only (book online!)
Specializing in visioning, planning, designing, and implementing 21st Century projects and processes—and creating modern learning solutions to support learners' needs as they engage in improvement and innovation.
- BS in Instructional Design and Technology from Walden University
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society and Dean’s Student Advisory Council
- MA with Distinction in educational technology from The University of Michigan
- Microsoft Certified Innovative Educator (MIE)
- Certified project manager (APRM)
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (LSSBB)
She has also completed coursework in psychology and nursing at Wayne State University, is leadership-certified through UM Ann Arbor, and has completed additional education in Senn-Delaney, DiSC, GTD, Covey, and StrengthsFinder productivity/org development frameworks.
Tonya V Thomas is an education architect, productivity tech influencer, process improvement expert, and multimedia communications leader with nearly 25 years of experience in healthcare, information systems, training and human performance support, productivity consulting, public speaking, group facilitation, web development, PR and corporate communications, social media, project management, leadership development and non-profit operations management.
In addition to her part-time role as MISB faculty at WSU, she is also:
- Adjunct Professor • Media Arts & Studies • WSU College of Fine, Performing & Communication Arts (CFPCA)
- Director • Systems Innovation • TechTown Detroit
- Principal/CEO • EduTechDiva Enterprises LLC
Previously, she served as instructional design lead, Quality Matters Coordinator, and project manager with the Academic Technologies Group at Oakland Community College, where she was responsible for establishing quality standards for online course development, a review and approval processes, and mandatory faculty training—all required for the institution to obtain its HLC accreditation. Before that, she served as Director, Staff Learning & Development with Teach For America, where her chief charge was to oversee the effort to transform classroom training to web-based learning and performance support resources. She has also held leading roles with UnitedHealth Group, The University of Michigan, Trinity Health, and New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.
In her downtime, she enjoys music, singing, photography, painting, theater, interior decorating, spending time with her family, traveling, and being anywhere near open water.
LEARNER • MAXIMIZER • ACHIEVER • INTELLECTION • FUTURISTIC
- Samples of work at www.edutechdiva.net/portfolio.
- Subsets of presentations available at Slideshare.net.
- More on LinkedIn.