New internships available with the Detroit Tigers and Olympia Entertainment
The Sport and Entertainment Management (SEM) program in the Mike Ilitch School of Business is launching two additional paid internship opportunities this fall. Students in the SEM M.B.A. concentration can apply to work with both the Detroit Tigers and Olympia Entertainment over the course of two full years for an immersive experience.
“These internships have grown out of our relationships in The District Detroit,” said Associate Professor Scott Tainsky, who directs the program. “Students who began their internships last fall are already on the fast-track at these organizations. They have gained invaluable experience in multiple departments and developed relationships with some of the most influential members of the sport and entertainment community.”
The new Mike Ilitch School of Business facility is just steps away from Little Caesars Arena, the award-winning home of the Detroit Red Wings, where Olympia Entertainment maintains its offices, and within a short walk of Comerica Park.
During their first year rotational phase, interns will serve in three departments. At the conclusion of the rotations, students move to a home department for their second year. Rotations include:
- Marketing, Social Media and Promotions
- Community and Public Affairs
- Premium, Ticket and Group Sales & Service and Business Analytics
- Communications & Corporate Partnerships
MBA students who have declared a concentration in Sport and Entertainment Management are eligible to apply. In addition, applicants must:
- Be admitted, enrolled and have active student status in the Ilitch School
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be available to work a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have a minimum one year of experience in the sport and entertainment industry
Inquiries and current resumes should be submitted to Scott Tainsky via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, July 9.