Learn to make the most of your major at Nov. 14 event
Do you know what you can do with your major? Business fraternity Delta Sigma Pi is hosting an event to t educate Mike Ilitch School of Business students on career options from 5:45 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14, in Ballroom A of the Student Center.
Ilitch School alumni will give a firsthand account of how their Wayne State education opened doors for them. Panelists include:
- Alrick Duncan - (Global Supply Chain) Supervisor- Intercontinental Import and Export Vehicle Operations - General Motors
- Amy Heitman - (Marketing) Licensing Director and Marketing Manager at Wayne State University
- Jacquelyn Lester - (Accounting) Business Analyst - Neovia Logistics
- Tiffany Jones - (Marketing) Account Supervisor - McCann
- Agnes Reed (ISM) - Director / Lead Consulting - Resubmit Consulting & Solutions
- Kyra Watts (MBA) - Principal Management Engineer - Henry Ford Medical Center (Women's Health Services)
- Carlos Spearman (Management) - District Director of Culture - Detroit Public Schools Community
“Business students and those looking to major in business should come out to the event if they are not sure of career opportunities in their major,” said Delta Sigma Pi Vice President of Professional Activities and Alumni Relations Nicole Middleton. “We will provide tips and information on what classes to take in each major, as well as certain skills and internships work best in each major.”
“What Can I do with My Major: DSP Edition” is just one of the many career readiness support systems the fraternity hosts for its members, said Middleton.
“DSP helps students network effectively and learn general professionalism,” she said. “These skills are learned in our pledging process as well as in events we host.”
Delta Sigma Pi is a co-ed, professional business fraternity that accepts undergraduate and MBA Wayne State students. To learn more, visit their application page.