Fall 2021 welcome message from Dean Forsythe
After a long 16 months, it is my pleasure to welcome you back to the Mike Ilitch School of Business for the 2021-2022 academic year! Although things are not quite back to the way they were before the pandemic began, our entire Ilitch School leadership team is excited to be able to support you both virtually and in person this semester.
Here are some helpful items to review as the new semester begins:
- Beginning August 30, the Ilitch School building’s fall semester hours will be Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Please be sure to complete the WSU Campus Daily Screener and bring your OneCard with you each time you come to the Ilitch School. You will be asked to show your OneCard and may be asked to show confirmation of your daily screener upon arrival.
- For those of you who are new to the school, we have created an Ilitch School visitor information guide (pdf) that offers detailed driving directions and parking/transportation options specific to our building. Additional information can be found on the Ilitch School website and the WSU Parking and Transportation website.
- Our leadership team has worked hard to provide adequate study and meeting spaces throughout the building. Check out our fall 2021 study zone guide (pdf) for details.
- We are very pleased to announce that Fourteen East is now open. Located at the southeast corner of the Ilitch School along Woodward, Fourteen East offers coffees, teas, sandwiches, soups, pastries, breakfast, lunch and more. Tentative hours for fall are Sunday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Hours may be adjusted to best serve the Ilitch School and surrounding community.
- Students who have any questions about their classes or academic program should not hesitate to contact the Frederick Hessler Student Success Center or the Graduate Programs Office. Our advisors are here to help answer your questions. Also be sure to contact the Career Planning and Placement Office as soon as possible for guidance on your journey to professional success. All of these offices will be offering a mix of in-person and virtual advising for fall semester, so please contact the relevant office before coming to the school.
- All faculty members who need assistance navigating Ilitch School or WSU policies or procedures should contact one of the helpful and knowledgeable members of our administrative team. They are located on the third floor across from the department chair offices and are available Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you ever have questions or have trouble resolving an issue, please email me directly at email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing (half of) your faces around the building this coming fall!