Business school alumnus to keynote WSU Alumni Association career event
The Wayne State University Alumni Association’s Creating Connections Career Series on October 20 will present “Secrets to starting your career: Five things you need to know to jump start your success!”
WSU School of Business graduate Shawn Snell (B.S. ’05), finance manager and vice president of Fifth Third Bank, will serve as the keynote speaker. The points Snell will highlight during the presentation are:
- Strengths: the importance of understanding your strengths
- Emotional intelligence: especially key for leadership
- Innovation: learn about the kind of pre-session work that makes brainstorming sessions most effective
- Technical skills: get ready to advance by learning the specific skills you'll need to be an effective employee
- Defined tasks: doing more than the job description calls for is the way to advance
This free event will be held Tuesday, October 20, in the McGregor Memorial Conference Center from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The event kickoffs with networking at 5:30 p.m., and the main presentation begins at 6 p.m. Participants may choice from one of three breakout sessions that follow. Light refreshments will be provided.
The registration form is available here.