8 ways to reconnect with the Ilitch School leading up to Giving Day
Leading up to Wayne State University’s fifth annual Giving Day, we’re challenging Mike Ilitch School of Business alumni and friends to reconnect with the school and fill up on Wayne State Warrior spirit! See how many activities you can check off your list before Giving Day on April 8.
Stay in touch
- Whether you’ve changed your name, your job, or your home or email address, it’s always a good idea to keep your alumni profile current! Update your alumni contact information.
- Engage with WSU and Ilitch Business communities online! Follow our social media pages and share your pics, tweets and stories using hashtags #IlitchBusiness and #AlwaysWayneState. Find Ilitch School, WSU and WSU Alumni Association social media accounts.
- The Ilitch School offers many opportunities to engage (virtually) throughout the year with networking events, industry-based lectures, expert panels, career fairs, tailgates and more. Browse the Ilitch School’s event calendar and find something new to attend. View Wayne State’s full list of events on the main calendar.
Lend a hand
- Donating your time as a Wayne State alumni volunteer is one of the most valuable ways to give back to your alma mater. Learn about opportunities to give back through guest speaking opportunities, mentoring and taking on alumni leadership roles. Fill out the volunteer interest form to get started.
Move your career forward
- The Ilitch School’s Career Planning and Placement Office provides resources to help our students and alumni navigate job searching and career paths. Find tips and tricks for updating your LinkedIn profile, developing your elevator pitch, updating your resume, polishing your interview skills and more. Browse the Career Planning and Placement site for additional helpful content.
Offer words of wisdom
- Help today’s students benefit from your Wayne State experience through the Alumni Advice project. Share campus tips, academic insight and other general advice.
- Get in the Giving Day spirit by wearing your Wayne State colors of Green and Gold! While the Wayne State community has a standing tradition of wearing school colors on Wednesdays throughout the year, there’s never a bad day fill up on school spirit. Share your look on social media leading up to Giving Day using the hashtag #GiveGreenBeGold.
Support Ilitch School students and programs
- Each year, WSU highlights fundraising projects worthy of community support for Giving Day. Familiarize yourself with this year’s Ilitch School Giving Day Challenges and find something you feel passionate about supporting.
During Wayne State University’s fifth annual Giving Day, the Mike Ilitch School of Business and other WSU schools and colleges will aim to inspire Warriors around the world to make a collaborative impact on the student experience and a wide variety of key campus projects. The entire Wayne State community will come together on Thursday, April 8, for this 24-hour fundraising campaign.