B Start for Incoming Freshmen
B Start is an innovative five-year program that guarantees admission to the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program in the Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business for eligible students. Applicants must have a minimum 3.75 high school GPA.
This program allows participants to complete a bachelor's degree in business and an M.B.A. in just five years. It also waives the GMAT requirement for M.B.A. admission.
B Start trains future leaders in business by emphasizing mentoring and research opportunities with business school faculty.
B Start Scholarship
A scholarship is also awarded upon acceptance into the B Start Program. Funds are divided equally between the fall and winter semesters with defined expectations for continuation.
How to apply
In addition to applying for undergraduate admission to Wayne State University, B Start applicants must submit the following documents directly to the Mike Ilitch School of Business by March 15 for fall admission:
- High school transcript showing minimum 3.75 GPA
- One-page typed essay describing why you are interested in B Start and why you should be accepted
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One from a high school teacher, counselor or administrator familiar with your extracurricular activities, team and/or leadership skills
- One from a member of the community (not a family member or anyone from your high school) who can address your business experience, community service and/or employment
These B Start application materials should be sent via mail, fax or email to:
Wayne State University
Mike Ilitch School of Business
Office of Undergraduate Student Services
5201 Cass Avenue
Prentis Building, Room 200
Detroit, MI 48202