Part-Time Faculty in Information Systems Management
- Information systems management
Systems Strategy and Planning
Nexus of business and Information Technology
Research and teaching interests
Effectiveness of IT as a contributor to business; both as a perception and as a measured issue
B.Sc in Physics and Chemistry (1953); and B.Sc.Hons.Physics (1954) University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Ph.D.Physics (1959) Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Diploma in Operations Research (1964) Rutherford College of Technology, Newcastle-on-Tyne, England
M.Sc in Computer Science (1968) Birkbeck College, University of London, England
2000-2001, 2007-to the present time
Adjunct Lecturer, Business School, Wayne State University
Manager, at Focus:HOPE, of the IMSE (Information Management & Systems Engineering) project. This project, a joint partnership of Focus:HOPE, Wayne State University and the Ford Motor Company, is designed to broaden the participation of minorities in Computing (BPC). It is partially National Science Foundation funded. The content was developed to provide “work ready” candidates for industry and business through a combination of academic learning, (BA in Information Systems Technology from Department of Computer Science, WSU) and experiential learning (Ford), supported by active mentoring (Focus:HOPE).
January 2016 – July 2016
President, UltraLevel, Inc.
April 2012 – May 2014
From April 2012 until May 2014, acting Chief Information Officer at Kaufman Financial Group, a $1.6 billion Insurance Managing General Agent, in Farmington Hills. Recruited and transitioned the organization to the permanent CIO.
Compuware Corporation, assigned to development of a business enterprise that addresses Information Technology for the Health Care industry. Designed and initiated Caretech, a company with revenue in excess of $100 million, which is now active in this area.
IBM Management Information Systems, Detroit Area, consulting on structure of information flow from shop floor to executive office.
Retired from Ford Motor Company
Director, Corporate Systems Planning and Development, Ford Motor Company.
Director, North American Systems, North American Automotive Operations, Ford Motor Company.
Information Systems Director, North America, Ford Motor Company.
Director, North American Automotive Systems, Ford Motor Company.
Director, Systems Office, Ford of Europe,
Joined Ford Motor Company June 1966
1. “Symmetry of the Green Phosphorescence of Heat Pretreated Colored KCl Crystals”, A.Halperin and N.Lewis, Department of Physics, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem,, The Physical Review, vol. 119, No. 2, 510-515, July 15, 1960
2. “The Inhibition of the Carbon Dioxide/Graphite Reaction by Carbon Monoxide”, N.Lewis, Technical Note 11, United Power Company, London, September, 1962
3. “An Appraisal of the Materials Problems in the Peach Bottom HTFR”, N.Lewis, J.Manuel, Technical Note 149, United Power Company, London, March, 1963
4. “Data Sheets for Irradiated Plastics-1”, N.Lewis, Technical Note 208, United Power Company, London, May, 1963
5. “Digital Computer program Description: The program calculates the yields of fission products and their decay products produced by the thermal neutron fission of a fissile-fertile fuel mixture, as a function of the time of reactor operation.” N.Lewis, Report 223, United Power Company, August, 1963.
6. “The CIO as a Political Player – Work in Progress”
Celia Romm Livermore, Wayne State University, Arik Ragowsky, Wayne State University, Norman Lewis, Wayne State University, USA