Undergrads invited to apply for Corporate Mentor Program
Would you like to meet with a business professional in your dream job? How about pick their brain and learn the secrets to their success? Here's your chance! The Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business Corporate Mentor Program is now accepting applications for the 2018-19 program, which runs from late August through April.
Selected undergraduate students will be custom matched with a professional mentor in their desired career path or industry. You'll get to build a relationship with your mentor by meeting every month during the academic year, visiting your mentor at their office, getting one-on-one help and support with important career decisions, and most importantly, getting a taste of a "day in the life" of your future career. To be considered for the fall program, please complete and submit a student application.
PLEASE NOTE: simply filling out the application does not commit you to participating in the program. After you submit your application, if you are eligible, one of our program directors will contact you to schedule an interview.
- In order to participate in the program, you must apply, go through an interview and be selected.
- You must be a Mike Ilitch School of Business undergraduate major or minor
- Ideal candidates will have sophomore status by fall 2018 through senior status (must not be graduating before December 2018), and be first in their family (either parent) to earn a bachelor’s degree in the United States
- Attend three required events: a program orientation (summer 2018), a program breakfast event (late August before classes start), and a program closing event (April 2018)
- Meet with your mentor in-person every month, August through April and maintain regular contact with the program directors
- Attend professional development events that you choose
Limited openings are available for students graduating in December 2018. Program students who graduate in December 2018 will participate in the program and activities until the end of the fall 2018 semester only.
Learn more: http://ilitchbusiness.wayne.edu/resources/mentors.php
Apply now: http://ilitchbusiness.wayne.edu/students/mentor-student-application.php