New internships available with Detroit Tigers and Olympia Entertainment
The Sport and Entertainment Management (SEM) program in the Mike Ilitch School of Business is launching two new paid internship opportunities this fall. Students in the SEM MBA concentration can apply to work with the Detroit Tigers or Olympia Entertainment over the course of two full years for an immersive experience.
“These internships have grown out of our relationships in the District Detroit,” said Associate Professor Scott Tainsky, who directs the program. “Our students are really going to benefit from our new building’s proximity to Detroit’s sport and entertainment district.”
The new Mike Ilitch School of Business facility is just steps away from Little Caesars Arena, the award-winning new home of the Detroit Red Wings, and within a short walk of Comerica Park and the Fox Theatre, where Olympia Entertainment maintains its offices.
Interns will serve in three departments during the rotational phase:
- Marketing, Social Media and Promotions
- Community and Public Affairs
- Premium, Ticket and Group Sales & Service and Business Analytics
- Venue Operations
- Premium, Ticket and Group Sales & Service
- Marketing, Communications & Corporate Partnership
“The interns will get to have their hands in some really fun, high-profile projects, from planning the Tigers’ Winter Caravan and Red Wings Fantasy Camp, to strategizing promotional giveaways and managing VIP parties,” Tainsky said.
MBA students who have declared a concentration in Sport and Entertainment Management are eligible to apply. In addition, applicants must:
- Be admitted, enrolled, and have active student status in the Ilitch School
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be available to work a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have a minimum one year of experience in the sport and entertainment industry
Inquiries and current resumes should be submitted to Scott Tainsky via email (email@example.com) by Friday, July 20.