Apply by April 2 for Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) scholarship
The Detroit Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Scholarship Committee has announced an opportunity for three qualified business students to each receive a $2,000 award for 2018.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Academic achievement of a minimum 2.8 GPA overall (unofficial transcripts required)
- Participation in extracurricular or volunteer activities
- Actively enrolled in a college/university in pursuit of a degree (part- or full-time)
- Any business major (undergraduate or graduate)
- Winners must be present at the Tuesday, April 10, meeting of the Detroit IIA Chapter monthly meeting held at VisTaTech Center, Livonia
- Winners must complete a W-9 form prior to payment
Qualified candidates should prepare a 300-500 word essay (double-spaced) on the following topic:
- What are some of the issues internal auditors should be aware of regarding the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in business? (Students are encouraged to contact industry specialists for advice and counsel.)
Please submit your qualifications and essay to the Scholarship Award Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 2.
Awards will be presented at the Detroit Chapter IIA Meeting on Tuesday, April 10, held at VisTaTech Center, Livonia, at 4:30 p.m.