Graduate Certificate in Business
Wayne State University's Graduate Certificate in Business is a flexible, fast-paced program designed for non-business degree holders who wish to gain a basic knowledge of business functions without completing an M.B.A. The program offers relevant business knowledge pertaining to the daily operations of business in corporate, not-for-profit, and entrepreneurial settings.
Coursework includes four major areas of business — accounting, finance, management, and marketing — while offering flexibility through elective courses.
Classes will be offered at least once every semester, allowing coursework to be completed in as little as one semester, or as long as three years. Students may attend part-time or full-time, in person or online.
This program is not financial aid eligible.
The program is open to students who hold a bachelor's degree in a discipline other than business and students currently enrolled in a non-business graduate or professional program.
Click here for complete admission information.
Once admitted, students may complete courses at WSU's main campus in Midtown Detroit, any WSU satellite campus offering the classes, or online.
Required courses (2 credits each)
- BA 6000 Financial Reporting: Accounting Module
- BA 6005 Basics of Corporate Finance (course waiver information)
- BA 6015 Marketing Foundations
- BA 6020 Contemporary Principles of Management
Foundation electives (choose one 2-credit course)
- BA 6010 Basics of Business Economics
- BA 6025 Basics of Production/Operations Management
- BA 6090 Quantitative Analysis: Theory and Applications
Functional electives (choose one 3-credit course)
- BA 7000 Managerial Accounting
- BA 7020 Corporate Financial Management
- BA 7040 Managing Organizational Behavior
- BA 7050 Marketing Strategy
- BA 7070 Social Perspectives on the Business Enterprise
- ISM 7505 Information Analytics: Inbound Information Technology
All coursework from this program may be applied toward M.B.A. requirements, should you choose to pursue an M.B.A. at Wayne State University in the future.
For more information on the graduate certificate in business, please contact a business school advisor.