How to connect to a Teams class session
- To install the app version of Teams:
- A class session will be created for all sessions that will need to meet online
- You will see the calendar invite for the session in both the Teams Calendar as well as your Wayne State Office 365 Outlook Calendar
- Please be sure to mute your microphone and turn off your camera during the online session while others are speaking. You may turn both items on in order to speak/present.
How to view Echo360 Lecture Videos
- Navigate to your class Canvas page
- Click on the Echo360 Recordings link on the left-hand class menu
- The recordings that your instructor uploaded will be displayed
How to take an Online Exam using Respondus LockDown Browser
- The Respondus LockDown Browser will need to be downloaded from here and then installed on the student computer; the browser will be used in lieu of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Students will need to have a webcam, microphone and internet access
With the closing of the Mike Ilitch School of Business building, tutor support has been moved online to Microsoft Teams
Finance Tutor Information and Tutoring Hours (FIN 3290, BA 6005)
- After you have the Microsoft Teams app installed, you will need to Join the Finance Tutoring Team:
- Click on the Teams button on the left side of the app, then click Join or create a team
- Go to Join a team with a code (the second tile), paste the code xdb9vfc in the Enter code box, and click Join
- You can join the scheduled meeting for the tutoring session from the General Posts page
- Finance tutor, Mr. Brendan Johnson, email: email@example.com
- Monday: 10-11am
- Tuesday: 5-6:30pm
- Wednesday: 3-4:30pm
Accounting Tutor Information
- Navigate to the Canvas calendar
- Click on Find Appointment
- Select the course for the Winter 2020 Accounting Lab
- Click on the Submit button
- Faded appointments in the calendar mean that they are full; bold appointments on the calendar mean that they are available
- To sign up for an available slot, click on it and then click on the Reserve button
- To get ahold of the account lab, email firstname.lastname@example.org (do not message through Canvas)
Instructions with screenshots on how to do this are also posted in Canvas
Stats Tutor Information
- Sign up for a tutoring appointment like usual on the Canvas calendar. When signing up, put your Wayne State email address into the Comments box. (If you are unsure how to sign up for an appointment, click here for directions).
- Your tutor will set up a meeting on Teams at the time of your appointment. You will receive an invitation to join that meeting, either through your email or through an Outlook notification (how the invitation arrives will depend on your setup). Let your tutor set things up on Teams and accept the invitation to join the meeting when it arrives.
- Prepare for your tutoring appointment. You should have your notes and questions organized, make sure your computer is up and connected to the internet, and be ready at least 15 minutes prior to the appointment. You will be able to share your computer screen with your tutor, so if you have questions about MindTap for example, get logged in and have the problem open in a tab in your browser before your session. This will make it so you can make the best use of time during your appointment.
- Especially at the outset, please be patient. It will take time for everyone to learn and become comfortable with the new system. Thank you!
BA 1500 Tutor Information
With the University closed for face to face sessions, BA 1500 tutoring sessions will be held virtually in Microsoft Teams.
To install the app version of Teams:
- Navigate to: https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
- Click on Download Teams
- Follow the installer prompts
- Open the application and sign in using the access ID form of your WSU email (email@example.com); you will be prompted to enter in your WSU credentials
Join the BA 1500 Tutoring Team:
- Open the Teams app that you downloaded and installed
- On the left-hand side of the app, click on the Teams button (third icon down)
- Click Join or create a team
- Click Join a team with a code
- Type this code in the Enter code box: c056v8p
- Click Join
If you have problems joining with the code, here is the direct URL to the BA 1500 Tutoring Site. You will have to wait to be added to the Team using this process.
Once you have joined the Team and a tutoring session has been created, you will see the calendar invite for the session in both the Teams Calendar as well as your Wayne State Office 365 Outlook Calendar.
Tutor hours are by appointment. Contact: Ghadah Mozeb, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic advisors from the Mike Ilitch School of Business Frederick Hessler Student Success Center are available to assist students Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 5 PM.
Email your advisor at:
Can I still make an appointment with a graduate advisor?
- Yes. Appointments can be made by calling 313-577-4511 Monday through Thursday, from 9am to 5pm and on Friday from 9am to 4pm. You may also email email@example.com to make an appointment.
How do I contact my advisor?
- You may call 313-577-4511 during regular office hours and be prompted to choose the appropriate option for your advisor. You may also email your advisor directly at:
Is there walk-in advising?
- No. Advisors are only available by email or phone. Advising at the Schoolcraft location is also postponed for the Winter 2020 term.
How do I get an override for a course?
- You may complete the online graduate course override form here. It will be processed within 24 hours. You will receive an email to your WSU email address once the override is completed. You will be required to register yourself for the course once the override is completed.
Can I get forms signed?
- Forms can be signed if they are emailed to the office. You may email your advisor the form directly or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and an advisor will review and sign it. We will return the form by email only. You will not have the opportunity to pick the form up in person.
The best method of communication with CPP is by emailing the entire CPP team on the same email:
Student appointments are available via phone or skype.
Documents submitted to Handshake will be reviewed.
Students with previously schedule on-campus interviews, the interviews will take place virtually. Companies will communicate with the students on their schedules. Contact Jennifer Cunningham with any questions.
If you accept an internship or full-time job, please complete the placement survey.
For current mentors and students in the program: Please know that program directors Amber Conway and Emily Kravetz will continue to be available by email and phone. If you would like to schedule a phone call, please send us an email first. We encourage mentors and students to maintain contact with each other via email and phone; at a minimum, this is a great professional learning opportunity to see how different environments and workplaces are responding.
The Corporate Mentor Program Wrap-Up Breakfast on April 17 is canceled. We hope to eventually hold an alternate wrap up event, but at this time we do not have a date to share.
For interested students: We are still accepting applications for our 2020-2021 program and students are encouraged to apply here. We are accepting applications through April 23 with the option to adjust this deadline if needed. If you have questions about the Corporate Mentor Program or the application process, please email email@example.com.
For interested mentors: We are always happy to speak with business professionals who are interested in potentially mentoring in our program. You may submit your information here and someone from our office will contact you.
All face-to-face events for the PwC MPREP Scholars program have been canceled for the remainder of the semester. Mentorship will continue through virtual engagements. Please reach out to Lynita Taylor for any additional questions.
For campus-wide updates, click here.