Our new home in the District Detroit
Our new building, which opened to students in Fall 2018, was made possible by a $40 million lead investment from Mike and Marian Ilitch. The gift is the largest in WSU history and ranks as one of the largest gifts ever to name a public business school in the United States.
The new facility is WSU's first entirely new construction project outside of the university's Midtown campus. Our location in the District Detroit brings students closer to the heart of Detroit's business community and enhances access to internship and career opportunities.
Location: The Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business is located at 2771 Woodward Ave. on the southwest corner of Temple and Woodward, east of Park Avenue.
Entrance: You can enter the building using either Temple or Woodward doorways. Upon arrival, all guests are required to sign in and present a driver's license or state-issued I.D. at the security desk.
Assistance: For help, please call your host or the Security Desk at 313-577-1731 or 313-577-3572. Parking: Visitors are encouraged to park in the Temple West Garage operated by Olympia Development of Michigan. The garage is located at 123 Temple St., east of Cass Avenue. The daily rate is $7. *Please note that Olympia garages utilize dynamic pricing. Event rates typically go into effect at 3 p.m. and can go as high as $45. Ilitch School students and personnel can pay a reduced rate via their WSU OneCard when rates are above $7.
For those who prefer to park on WSU's main campus in Midtown, WSU Parking Structure 1 (Palmer and Cass) is our designated Mike Ilitch School of Business park-and-ride point with free express shuttle service to and from the new Ilitch School building. During fall and winter semesters, shuttles typically operate Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., with the last pickup from the Ilitch School at 10:45 p.m. Friday hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., with the last pick up from the Ilitch School at 5:45 p.m. Seasonal hours of operation may apply.
Other convenient alternatives to parking are to utilize the QLINE streetcars, Detroit Department of Transportation buses or MoGo bicycles.
A visitor information flier is available here (PDF).
The new four-story building is roughly 125,000 square feet and includes:
- A highly visible finance and data analytics lab on the ground floor at Woodward and Temple that features an LED stock ticker, interactive display wall and multiple Bloomberg terminals and databases for student and faculty research.
- The ground floor also features an executive M.B.A. suite, a two-story atrium and retail space.
- The 256 seat Lear Auditorium has state-of-the-art AV technology and the ability to bring full-sized vehicles into the room for events with our partners in the auto industry.
- Expanded tutoring, academic advising and career services spaces, including a full-service accounting lab and meeting rooms for prospective employers to interview students.
- A rooftop terrace along Woodward Avenue that will allow the school to host students, alumni and friends for all kinds of events, including America's Thanksgiving Parade and the Ford Fireworks.